Eva - Tpe

Whats an expat package? Do they only offer commuter schedules? What is the salary range for an F/O at Eva? Is china airlines a better company to work for?

Perhaps some sort of housing or living expenses allowance? I'm curious too.. :buck:

If you have an ATPL, I would hope you have a PIC Type rating somewhere on your card.

Why? How would you fly scheduled pax ops part 135 without an ATP? A looooooottttttttt of guys up north don't have types on their ATP, think about all the cape air guys who need the ATP to fly the 402. ATP doens't mean airline, it means that you're eligible to operate under specific types of regulation.

TP, it seems like you have lived around TPE for awhile. ;) That is my home country. I still have the rest of immediate family there. I might considered if I have min. qualification. :D(not ATP yet)

You might want to look into Trans Asia on the ATR if you have a Taiwanese passport and speak fluent Mandarin. Some of the other domestic carriers could work as well; Uni Air on the Dash 8, Mandarin on the E-190, or even Daily Air on the DO228. It would be a good start. One Taiwanese American girl came over and flew as a Dash F.O. for awhile then joined JetBlue right when they started up. My classmate at Emirates, also Taiwanese American, went to Trans Asia and flew the ATR and A320 as First Officer then joined Mandarin on the 747-400.

Whats an expat package? Do they only offer commuter schedules? What is the salary range for an F/O at Eva? Is china airlines a better company to work for?

An Expat package means that housing, schooling, and taxes are taken care of for you. There might also be a car, driver, maid, etc depending on how good the company is to it's employees. Pilots can only hope for Housing, schooling, and taxes.

EVA's pay is around $5000/month for First Officers.

They both offer epxats are schedule that has strings of days off every month. EVA used to have a 10 day "exteneded layover" program at slelct North American destinations. It was reasonable on the 747, but the MD-11 guys always got hosed with re-scheduling. CAL was offering 8 days off in a row per month.

CAL and EVA are about the same. CAL is probably better for direct entry captains, while EVA would be better for first officers who plan on staying awhile because they do run a sort of seniority based upgrade whereas CAL do not.

Typhoonpilot

TP, it seems like you have lived around TPE for awhile. ;) That is my home country. I still have the rest of immediate family there. I might considered if I have min. qualification. :D(not ATP yet)

For natives, the min qualification is Commercial-Multi-Instrument, and 250TT. This information only appears on the Chinese version of EVA's web site.

Back