Etihad cadet program- two questions

scramjet

A little while ago, Etihad's cadet program was extensively discussed on these forums as they had just opened up their program to international applicants. Two questions:
1.) Is Etihad taking in any classes next year?
2.) I know some of you applied, did any of you progress very far in the selection process?

Well one concern is that they require you to not have a CPL Rating. It would be a gamble for you to hold out that long.

I was invited to the information/interview session in New York back in August but I could not make it. I don't think that I will go that route but I will keep it open in the future.

I was invited and attened the initial testing phase in New York in August. They said they will be taking some more people next year, I forget the actual amount however. I was turned down, but from my understanding there was only 2-3 people that were selected out of the 38 that showed up. 50 people got the invite.

Regarding the CPL. Their policy is if you didn't have it when you applied or when you sent the request to attend, then you don't have it when you attend. Don't tell them, they don't want to know about it. If you have your CPL and then send a request to attend, you will be turned down.

I was invited and attened the initial testing phase in New York in August. They said they will be taking some more people next year, I forget the actual amount however. I was turned down, but from my understanding there was only 2-3 people that were selected out of the 38 that showed up. 50 people got the invite.

Regarding the CPL. Their policy is if you didn't have it when you applied or when you sent the request to attend, then you don't have it when you attend. Don't tell them, they don't want to know about it. If you have your CPL and then send a request to attend, you will be turned down.
I'm a little surprised that they selected some Americans. Some people on other forums were saying that it wasn't expected that anybody outside of the GCC nations would get a slot. Very interesting.

Well one concern is that they require you to not have a CPL Rating. It would be a gamble for you to hold out that long.
Well, I already missed the regional hiring boom, at least for now. So I'm not too concerned about that!

I just applied for direct entry in the the 320 F/O. Has anyone heard what its like to work for them?

Back