ENY Fun Times

dispatchguy

Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 17.21.43.png

I saw on FB that this was requested because the dispatchers are having trouble making it into work.

So..when does Eagle Flight begin their dispatch from home certification process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From what I heard it’s a power outage at the HQ and the backup is in South Dallas. Might as well be across the state with how bad roads are right now.

From what I heard it’s a power outage at the HQ and the backup is in South Dallas. Might as well be across the state with how bad roads are right now.

I’m in the area and the roads are not even that bad if you take it slow. It’s just the electrical infrastructure here is absolutely not prepared for temperatures this cold and to actually conduct rolling blackouts with any degree of coordination.

Another problem is that next week when the temperatures are in the 60s again everyone will forget about all this and nothing will get done to prevent it from happening again.

I’m in the area and the roads are not even that bad if you take it slow. It’s just the electrical infrastructure here is absolutely not prepared for temperatures this cold and to actually conduct rolling blackouts with any degree of coordination.

Another problem is that next week when the temperatures are in the 60s again everyone will forget about all this and nothing will get done to prevent it from happening again.

Mission Accomplished!

Enovy just throw in the towel for today and hoping to press reset for tomorrow? Sometimes you gotta do that

How are WN and AA making it through the aftermath of this blizzard? Are there still a lot of cancels due to staffing? Any remote OCC's opened? All questions from an inquiring mind. Thanks.

Enovy just throw in the towel for today and hoping to press reset for tomorrow? Sometimes you gotta do that

I haven't worked in a location that faces the weather challenges, but understand tossing in the towel from the operational standpoint. When a mass storm like this happens, there isn't a better option.

Back