Envoy Jumpseat

DeltaAlphaNovember

Starting this week I will commuting to DFW out of TYS. Looks like the 2 direct flights a day are flown by Envoy. With all loads caps in the back going on, I'm curious as to whether they will take guys/gals in the jumpseat if the back is full? I know yesterday or the day before they quit the restriction on non-revs in first class. So that should help a little bit. Just trying to plan for my commute. Thanks for any help.

Starting this week I will commuting to DFW out of TYS. Looks like the 2 direct flights a day are flown by Envoy. With all loads caps in the back going on, I'm curious as to whether they will take guys/gals in the jumpseat if the back is full? I know yesterday or the day before they quit the restriction on non-revs in first class. So that should help a little bit. Just trying to plan for my commute. Thanks for any help.
No restrictions in place. The load cap thing doesn't apply to the flight deck JS.
We were also told that if we come across a germaphobic crew that refuses a JS due to social distancing or some such to forward the info to the JS people, so I assume that goes both ways.

That's a tough commute. My folks live in TYS and I have a heck of a time getting back and forth. Really needs to be a mainline city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No restrictions in place. The load cap thing doesn't apply to the flight deck JS.
We were also told that if we come across a germaphobic crew that refuses a JS due to social distancing or some such to forward the info to the JS people, so I assume that goes both ways.
I appreciate the info.

That's a tough commute. My folks live in TYS and I have a heck of a time getting back and forth. Really needs to be a mainline city.

I agree. I've been commuting out of TYS off and on for a while and it is tough. Last year they had one 319 that would come up from DFW and one from CLT. But even those would fill up. Once summer was over they stopped flying them here. It's a mixed bag of Envoy, Mesa, Skywest and PSA to Dallas when things are normal.

I agree. I've been commuting out of TYS off and on for a while and it is tough. Last year they had one 319 that would come up from DFW and one from CLT. But even those would fill up. Once summer was over they stopped flying them here. It's a mixed bag of Envoy, Mesa, Skywest and PSA to Dallas when things are normal.

Funny thing is back in the early 90s it was mainline USAir with F28s to CLT and DC9s to PIT. Then PSA opened a domicile there and flew Dornier 328 turboprops. The big RJs are an improvement. I think the F28, although mainline only held about 70 people or so. Still it sure seems like that market can support bigger airplanes.

Last time I went to visit with my son, we got up there ok. But coming back to Dallas we had no luck all day long and finally gave up, rented a car and drove to BNA and came home on SWA the next morning.

Funny thing is back in the early 90s it was mainline USAir with F28s to CLT and DC9s to PIT. Then PSA opened a domicile there and flew Dornier 328 turboprops. The big RJs are an improvement. I think the F28, although mainline only held about 70 people or so. Still it sure seems like that market can support bigger airplanes.

Last time I went to visit with my son, we got up there ok. But coming back to Dallas we had no luck all day long and finally gave up, rented a car and drove to BNA and came home on SWA the next morning.

From the start of spring break until UT football is over for the season it is difficult to get anywhere. I think they could run at least two 319's a day and fill them. Delta and United run mainline flights through here. Never understood why AA does not.

From the start of spring break until UT football is over for the season it is difficult to get anywhere. I think they could run at least two 319's a day and fill them. Delta and United run mainline flights through here. Never understood why AA does not.

You from there originally? I went to high school there.

I commuted from DFW-TYS for over a year before upgrading to CA and being “stuck” in DCA.

I know there Are less flights now but I never had a problem commuting back and forth. I’d say usually 75% of the time I got a seat in the back and the rest I had to sit in the JS. Only once did I give up the JS to a mainline AA guy going to work since I didn’t really have any reason to rush home.

Good luck with you’re commute.

Back