Envoy Hiring

I can only speak from colleagues' stories of the 3+ hour trips, but:
Enjoy the 175s. They're capable but they have their limits - and those limits get noticeable on some of the loooooong hot routes. Especially when you have a full boat and need to put the fuel on.

Good luck to all who apply. AA's a dream for a lot of folks - both forum lurkers or active posters - and a wholly owned regional is a great experience to get aboard.

Last edited:
I can only speak from colleagues' stories of the 3+ hour trips, but:
Enjoy the 175s. They're capable but they have their limits - and those limits get noticeable on some of the loooooong hot routes. Especially when you have a full boat and need to put the fuel on.

Good luck to all who apply. AA's a dream for a lot of folks - both forum lurkers or active posters - and a wholly owned regional is a great experience to get aboard.
Heh, can't say I know what routes Envoy is trying but I remember at SkyWest there were multiple MKE/ORD to Pacific Coast airports. 175's are great for an RJ, but still.

Does anyone know for sure if they will consider an application from someone who is 3 weeks away from getting their certificate? Asking for a friend.
They should. In 2022 I got an interview and got hired while we were beginning week 3 of school. Just make sure when they apply, if/when it asks if they have a dispatch certificate, they say yes. There were a few people in my class that got the auto-reject for answering no

Skywest.....LGA-IAH, E175 w/76 pax, wx below 2,000 at IAH. Go! hehehe. That one didn't work without a tech stop.
Ha. The one I remember was MKE-SEA, and of course there was fog in SEA...and PDX...and GEG...and hey maybe BOI would work? Oh we are thousands of pounds overweight now?!

Skywest.....LGA-IAH, E175 w/76 pax, wx below 2,000 at IAH. Go! hehehe. That one didn't work without a tech stop.
YX does something similar. We do both LGA-IAH and LGA-OKC, E175. Full Boat. Listed as a tanker flight, yeah right! Barely can get Option 2 fuel on. Wet runways in LGA, ok. An alternate in the SW is asking for passengers to get kicked off or a tech stop. For sure.

For those that are applying to envoy you should know that no one wants to do coordinator anymore. Too much micromanagement from Little Hitler and his mindless minions. Management there hides behind their job like a cop hides behind their badge. So now they are MAKING people do coordinator and they even put it in the job posting so if you do not want to do it later they can say well that was in the job title and required. The union is nonexistent and the union steward only cares about his overtime (1,000 hours a year at double time) and his hair. He will not rock the boat with management and jeopardize his OT for you or anyone else.

Some of you will listen and the rest will have to grab that electric fence yourself to find out.

Anyway,

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...welcome to the game....

Has anyone heard anything? My application status changed to “invited for interview” but I haven’t received any phone calls or emails, I check spam and everything :/

Has anyone heard anything? My application status changed to “invited for interview” but I haven’t received any phone calls or emails, I check spam and everything :/
That's a good sign, don't fret too much. They are probably are just getting around to calling everyone considering it's the day after Labor Day.

Same for my wife. Has anyone actually heard anything via phone or email? Anyone know their timeline for a start date?

Did you opt in for text messages? Mine says the same - invited - and I got a text with dates to choose and it says to reply with nearest airport if not local so they are flying people in via AA or Eagle. Anybody's status that says "invited" should check your texts or emails to look for the invite so you don't miss it. Apparently it seems they don't call first. The dates are next week.

Did you opt in for text messages? Mine says the same - invited - and I got a text with dates to choose and it says to reply with nearest airport if not local so they are flying people in via AA or Eagle. Anybody's status that says "invited" should check your texts or emails to look for the invite so you don't miss it. Apparently it seems they don't call first. The dates are next week.
She got her text yesterday.

Does anyone know from past experience or from others, does Envoy actually hire at this event, do people get a CJO out of it or do they take more time to choose? I know the event will include a knowledge test and for those who pass then the panel interview so I'm wondering if the "winners" will know when its over?

Does anyone know from past experience or from others, does Envoy actually hire at this event, do people get a CJO out of it or do they take more time to choose? I know the event will include a knowledge test and for those who pass then the panel interview so I'm wondering if the "winners" will know when its over?
Some have gotten CJO on the spot.

Back