Enroute to Germany

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Not much on this trip because it got reduced from a six-day to a three-day and I slept in a little too long to take any decent pictures of our layover city.... But

Traffic over Ireland:

[yt]mBfwDNq__Tg[/yt]

CHEMTRAILS!

attachment.php

And

Ewessaaaaaaairs, errr Cactus!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2743.JPG
    IMG_2743.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 592
  • ewess.jpg
    ewess.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 586
Good share. So, are you glad that the callsign was changed to "cactus" or do you not care?

Well, I don't really care, but if I hear another USAirways guy say, "Well, we had to throw the America West guys a bone because they're the brides in the marriage of our two great companies" I'm going to stab myself in the eye repeatedly.

Let me guess, 123.45? By the way, I would actually pay to see you stab yourself in the eye. Maybe you can jam the frequency so everyone can listen? :D

Oh, 123.45 and the layover hotel in AMS.

It's like "Dude, have a seat on the other side of the bar, no shop talk during happy hour."

Besides, I can't talk shop or politics when I'm having a cocktail, I've been a little more scrappy this past year.

I didn't know that other airlines use the same layover hotels. How many different airlines would there typically be? Do you ever feel the need to act a little immature and pull some pranks on the crews of competing carriers?

Some hotels we're the only airline, which is actaully preferable. Other hotels we're one of a few.

Pranks? You know, surprisingly, we're all a little different. At our Paris hotel, we have Yemen, Southernjets, United, Delta and some other airline and you can pretty much point each airline out, even in civilian clothes in the crew room. Hell, I'm rambling here, but even if you have only your own airline in a hotel, you can almost point out which base they're from by attitude and attire.

I guess to be able to point out their base, you would have to have already flown to the base to see the general attitudes of the people, correct? Does everyone meet in the same crew room?

Sweet pictures Doug.

The problem on the ATC side seems to be resolved now that their identifier is also America West now (AWE instead of USA) on our display, so there's little to no confusion on the ATC side of things.... they still should have just left it alone...

Not much on this trip because it got reduced from a six-day to a three-day and I slept in a little too long to take any decent pictures of our layover city.... But

Traffic over Ireland:

[yt]mBfwDNq__Tg[/yt]

CHEMTRAILS!

attachment.php

And

Ewessaaaaaaairs, errr Cactus!

attachment.php
AAARRGGGHHH!!!!! beautiful shots as always!!!you guys have a much better view than we spotters!!!:laff:

Parri's not going to like that. :D

:)

Oh, btw, Parri's "Just put a note on your contact data page" about leaving you on the rotation if you're the senior pilot and they're proffering recovery flying doesn't work! DOH!

Back