Enrollment at the Academy Type Facilities...

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
So I am browsing a IT job site to see what is out there and low and behold look what pops up on my screen:

picture.php

Now this isn't Monster or CareerBuilder, but specifically an I.T. based job site. It struck me as a little odd to see the ATP ad there.

I am curious to know if the recent downturn in the field has caused a slowdown in enrollment that dictates advertising on a website such as DICE.

You think maybe there could be some kind of tracker/tracer that knows you frequent an aviation site?

These ads these days seem to know more about you than yourself sometimes.

Most likely some sort of tracker... especially with JC in the backround. I can't even read aviation related emails without Gmail filtering it and putting all aviation ad's on my screen.

Most likely some sort of tracker... especially with JC in the backround. I can't even read aviation related emails without Gmail filtering it and putting all aviation ad's on my screen.

Doh! Didn't even think about that....Just found it odd to see the ad on the Tech website when I had never seen it there before.

If I had a nickel for every IT guy I know whose dream was to be an airline pilot I'd be able to afford the combo meal instead of just the sandwich.

Just ate dinner with two former students in PFN and are now instructing.... It appeared that right now they are doing alright still. But keep in mind there are a lot of people who signed up ahead of time and got locked in to their 2k and dont want to lose that. But it seem like they were suggesting things are getting slower and harder to get more signed up with the current state. We shall see. I'm sure if you ask Jim or Phil they will tell you things are as great as always.

I was up until April thinking of going to ATP but I have now decided to stay where I am at. Unfortunately I think the industry I'm in will be one of the few industries where you will be able to make a decent living in the coming years.

Back