Enlisted maintainer

Wade

Hello I'm new to the forums but I getting on here for some potential clarification. I'm currently in the United States Air Force has a weapons maintainer and I have nine years in as a maintainer I am currently at the point in my career where I am deciding on whether or not to get out or PCS to my next Duty location if I get out I will be joining the Airforce reserves I currently have a bachelor's and I am wanting to start my career path in the airline career industry I am not eligible because of my eyes to fly for the United States Air Force but I know I would pass a flying class 1 on the civilian side I have 15 months of my GI Bill left and I am wondering whether or not it is worth joining the reserves and going about a part 141 flying school and starting my career path that way I do have my bachelor's and the only thing I would be focusing on is how to pay for everything and what the most efficient route is to working for the airlines I know the GI bill will pay for some of the flight certifications and I do have the money for a private pilot's license but I was wondering how much of the GI bill will cover all of the other certifications and whether or not I will have to take out extra loans thank you for your time and your patience and your response

I'd ETS and stay in the reserves if at all possible. To have that drill paycheck help supplement my low income the first couple years of flying professionally was invaluable. Even now, I still make $10-15,000 extra through the guard doing volunteer extra duty and through reenlistment bonuses.

Where are you located?

Hello I'm new to the forums but I getting on here for some potential clarification. I'm currently in the United States Air Force has a weapons maintainer and I have nine years in as a maintainer I am currently at the point in my career where I am deciding on whether or not to get out or PCS to my next Duty location if I get out I will be joining the Airforce reserves I currently have a bachelor's and I am wanting to start my career path in the airline career industry I am not eligible because of my eyes to fly for the United States Air Force but I know I would pass a flying class 1 on the civilian side I have 15 months of my GI Bill left and I am wondering whether or not it is worth joining the reserves and going about a part 141 flying school and starting my career path that way I do have my bachelor's and the only thing I would be focusing on is how to pay for everything and what the most efficient route is to working for the airlines I know the GI bill will pay for some of the flight certifications and I do have the money for a private pilot's license but I was wondering how much of the GI bill will cover all of the other certifications and whether or not I will have to take out extra loans thank you for your time and your patience and your response

How did you pass Course 15 with that lack of punctuation?

I'd ETS and stay in the reserves if at all possible. To have that drill paycheck help supplement my low income the first couple years of flying professionally was invaluable. Even now, I still make $10-15,000 extra through the guard doing volunteer extra duty and through reenlistment bonuses.

Where are you located?
I am currently an instructor at Sheppard but I would like to be reserves in Dobbins (Atlanta GA)

Go Reserves. You can still serve AND chase your dreams. After 21 years service, I have 10 years of points, with only the first 4 years being Federal Active Duty. The rest is drills, days, trips, and deployments.

Go Reserves. You can still serve AND chase your dreams. After 21 years service, I have 10 years of points, with only the first 4 years being Federal Active Duty. The rest is drills, days, trips, and deployments.
So did you immediately start on your airline career after the 4 years

So did you immediately start on your airline career after the 4 years

I was Comm ASEL at the time. I started working on my multi and CFI. Did whatever part time work I could that would allow me to build flight time.

Back