Endorsement Expirations

EatSleepFly

For some reason, I was always under the impression that practical test endorsements expire in 60 days. But now that I look, I can't find anything to back that up.

I have a Commercial student that is up for his checkride on Sunday. I did not sign him off (I don't think he's quite ready), but he was signed off by an instructor who left here awhile back. Is that instructor's endorsement still valid after 60 days, as long as the student has the required 3 hours of flight time in a single engine airplane?

I would like to convince him to reschedule it, but he is afraid he will have to be re-signed off by me if it is past 60 days. I don't think he does, because I can't find anything in the FAR's that states an endorsement is only good for 60 days. Am I missing something?

I think you might be getting it mixed up with the "3 hours of dual within the past 60 days." Endorsements, I think, are good "forever." But what do I know I'm only seven or eight lessons into my CFI. (Meaning I don't know, but I'd like to)
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think you might be getting it mixed up with the "3 hours of dual within the past 60 days."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right. For Commercial however, it does not have to be dual. Just 3 hours in cat/class.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you might be getting it mixed up with the "3 hours of dual within the past 60 days."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're right. For Commercial however, it does not have to be dual. Just 3 hours in cat/class.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be hard to justify the old endorsement. The reg says the endorsement must be by an instructor who certifies that the applicant has received and logged training time within 60 days preceding the date of application in preparation for the practical test.

20 hours of training that includes..... 3 hours in a single-engine airplane in preparation for the practical test within the 60-days period preceeding the date of the test.

It looks like to me that he would need a new endorsement and he must have 3 hours of dual.

Ah yes. Now I see it...doh! I guess I was right to begin with...I should've gone back further in Part 61. Thanks Buzo!
smile.gif

Back