Endeavor hiring

FlyingSioux1

Hearing from people at EDV that they may be hiring starting this week. Sounds like a March class of 5, one a rehire, the other 4 with the post... Good luck to those looking!

Yeah, they posted it already. They are also looking for 550 FA's. It's not because airline industry is booming, it's because people either left and those who were on unpaid leave decided not to return. I wish they would hire part time dispatchers, I'd apply

This seems like a dance we've done before. Yankee X-Ray, and now there's good folks at EDV not coming back?

Has me curious. I don't like being curious. I like knowing.

This seems like a dance we've done before. Yankee X-Ray, and now there's good folks at EDV not coming back?

Has me curious. I don't like being curious. I like knowing.

Can’t say I’m surprised. If you find something that has normal hours and is pretty stable why go back?

EDV did not layoff anyone. There were several who took voluntary leave but everyone is back for February. The reason for the hiring is that several took other jobs within EDV, going to stations, going to teach in flightops, etc.

Also, Delta is giving them more flights. In the next few months they will be at pre-covid daily flights and growing.

Add in that they are the highest paid regional and it's a great place to work.

Yeah, they sent TBNT to someone I know who had 13 years of experience as dispatcher, 5-6 years left for retirement and was committed to stay till the retirement age, but EDV choose another dispatcher with 1 year experience instead (Yes, he had a friend at EDV who helped the process) I see that a lot at EDV. Rubbish!

Yeah, they sent TBNT to someone I know who had 13 years of experience as dispatcher, 5-6 years left for retirement and was committed to stay till the retirement age, but EDV choose another dispatcher with 1 year experience instead (Yes, he had a friend at EDV who helped the process) I see that a lot at EDV. Rubbish!

Sometimes it seems like having too much experience is viewed as a negative for some reason. It shouldn't be, but towards the end of my job hunting years when I had 10+ years of experience...I would sometimes get an attitude of "why aren't you at a major yet" (Basic answer: 9/11) from interviewers or no calls back after applying for jobs I was well qualified for. Fortunately - I made it to a major after all. Persistence is key.

Sometimes it seems like having too much experience is viewed as a negative for some reason. It shouldn't be, but towards the end of my job hunting years when I had 10+ years of experience...I would sometimes get an attitude of "why aren't you at a major yet" (Basic answer: 9/11) from interviewers or no calls back after applying for jobs I was well qualified for. Fortunately - I made it to a major after all. Persistence is key.

Another one was "why are you looking to leave your current employment," to which a personal story needs to be told without taking it personally.

Look at things from a recruiter's and a hiring manager's point of view. People in these positions are not content to sit on the desk their entire career. They want more, which is why they ended up in a leadership role in the first place. Just like you don't understand not hiring the 13 year veteran, they don't understand why someone would want to stay in the same job that long. They don't see 13 years of experience. They see 1 year of experience repeated 13 times. They see someone who is more likely to be set in their ways, difficult to train, and less likely to fit in and succeed. Add into that a recommendation from someone they know and (presumably) trust, and it doesn't surprise me in the least that they went with the 1-year applicant.

Peace. I'm not judging anyone. I'm offering an opinion based on observation and experience about why your friend was passed over.

I realized that this account was used and comments were exchanged in a negative way. I am the owner of this account and take responsibility, but two other people had access to it and obviously abused it. If possible, I’d greatly appreciate if you could delete those comments.

Look at things from a recruiter's and a hiring manager's point of view. People in these positions are not content to sit on the desk their entire career. They want more, which is why they ended up in a leadership role in the first place. Just like you don't understand not hiring the 13 year veteran, they don't understand why someone would want to stay in the same job that long. They don't see 13 years of experience. They see 1 year of experience repeated 13 times. They see someone who is more likely to be set in their ways, difficult to train, and less likely to fit in and succeed. Add into that a recommendation from someone they know and (presumably) trust, and it doesn't surprise me in the least that they went with the 1-year applicant.

Couldn’t have summed it up any better than this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're not wrong, but LOL! "We're a great company with sustained committed to our employees and their career satisfaction!! (Blah, blah, values, blah, mission statement, blah...)"

Yet, ab initio, we assume that nobody is going to want to stick around here, 'cause we know this place sucks, and only a fool would want to work here.

Niiiiice!

Bonus Points for honesty and transparency!

Last edited:
Back