Encore Air Cargo Hiring Metroliner Captains

jesselyb

FSD based floater (fill in guy) position application linky . Floaters are typed in the Metro and trained in the 402 & 404 later, but expect mostly Metro flying. Base plus charter pay ends up being probably a bit bigger paycheck in comparison to the next position...

Sounds like our ISN based route will be opening too. Haven't seen a posting for that yet online. Typical UPS feeder route, Mon evening through Sat morning, home during the day & on weekends, sleep in FSD in a sleeping room. Pretty awesome schedule if you ask me. Probably one of the best paying routes in the UPS network (it's a 400 mile leg). Can't say exactly what it pays, but apparently I can give a range, so probably 55-60k plus benefits.

Also, if you're applying for either of these positions, LET SOMEONE AT ENCORE KNOW so the app that took an eternity to fill out doesn't get lost in Texas with corporate. I've said it before, I won't vouch for folks on here I've never met, but I will pass your name along to management.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure this is a great opportunity for someone. I think flying the 404 would be pretty cool.

Instant turbine PIC time? Better than 1st-year regional (or 3rd year for that matter….) downside would be being based in BFE.
what do people typically move on to from this? corporate? any direct to majors? or is the Metroliner not heavy enough to impress them?

Instant turbine PIC time? Better than 1st-year regional (or 3rd year for that matter….) downside would be being based in BFE.
what do people typically move on to from this? corporate? any direct to majors? or is the Metroliner not heavy enough to impress them?
Regionals, corporate, charter, air ambo.

Yeah, PIC turbine time (no SIC if that's what you're asking). Mikecweb is about right, our guys have gone all over the place after working here. If you've already got regional time, a major might take a look at you, otherwise probably not... I think most majors want FMS, jet & multicrew time, 3 things you won't get here.

Based in BFE may be right, but you'll get close to 900 hours of turbine PIC time in a year (3.5 hrs a day, 5 days a week roughly). Do it for a year, make decent money and move on if you want. If you wanted to be really ambitious, you could get a job at Subway in Williston during the day and make $15 an hour there too! ;)

I flew for the competition in FSD, and those guys at Landmark seemed to be pretty damn happy with what they were doing - there were even some lifers.

Our guy that's on it now has been there for a bit over a year, no idea if he's looking for something new... I hope not! :)

Back