Employment Reference Checks

moulds80

I understand at the PEPC you submit information for all of your recent employers, but can you be negatively affected if the information comes back incomplete or not at all? The problem is the two companies I had internships with in college and my employer since graduation are all nation-wide large companies, who all have policies that when employment verification is submitted they can simply confirm employment dates, but not release any performance information to prevent any potential liabilities. While the performance information would be positive, I highly doubt it will ever get back to the FAA, is that generally understood by them or could this be perceived as bad?

Most companies have that policy.

I believe confirmation of employment is all they can really expect back.....
My concern would be more with companies that are out of business, what then when no response comes in?

I suppose no response is better than a negative response. As far as I know your employer paid taxes for you while you were there, in my opinion even if they don't respond you can still prove you worked there. I don't understand how they could hold someone elses incompetence against you but hey...it wouldn't be the wierdest thing I have seen.

I suppose no response is better than a negative response. As far as I know your employer paid taxes for you while you were there, in my opinion even if they don't respond you can still prove you worked there. I don't understand how they could hold someone elses incompetence against you but hey...it would be the wierdest thing I have seen.
You can get a printout from the social security office showing you worked there. And you should have your W-2s anyways.

I wonder what happens if you are currently unemployed or in between jobs...

I don't think they can hold that against you..

I wonder what happens if you are currently unemployed or in between jobs...

I don't think they can hold that against you..

Unless it suggest that you're not reliable or can't hold a job, of course. But being laid off or needing to change because of an unhealthy work environment... that can be explained.

I think they just don't want guys who sit around on the couch all day with their hand in their pants. Me, I just do it in the evenings, so I'm okay.

Before everyone gets paranoid about past employment, I'm almost certain the only thing they check for is whether or not you have enough of it to meet the minimum experience level. I don't believe they actually ask for anything else.

Before everyone gets paranoid about past employment, I'm almost certain the only thing they check for is whether or not you have enough of it to meet the minimum experience level. I don't believe they actually ask for anything else.

so getting fired from a high school job 4 years ago shouldn't be to big of a problem... i had to check the
"i understand that situations in my background require further evaluation and will delay the processing of my application"

...? still happy to get my TOL today

so getting fired from a high school job 4 years ago shouldn't be to big of a problem... i had to check the
"i understand that situations in my background require further evaluation and will delay the processing of my application"

...? still happy to get my TOL today

Yeah, that is talking about your background investigation... whole 'nuther story there.

Back