EDU: When to call AVIATION CAREERS

GnW

I've been dealing with these people for 2 years. Listen up. These are general guidelines. Obviously if you feel something has gone wrong (legitimately), it's best to call. But a lot of you need to take it easy.

You're filling out your application. DON'T CALL

You haven't received your AT-SAT authorization yet. DONT CALL

You haven't received your AT-SAT score yet and you took the test TWO DAYS AGO. --Don't Call

You took your AT-SAT but need to know when the panels might meet. DON'T CALL. The panel will meet.

The panel has met but you weren't selected. Call and see if they know who you are at this point. Beyond that, better luck next time.

You haven't received your PEPC invitation yet. If you know they have your name, shoot off an e-mail at MOST.

You have sent them some paperwork. CALL. DO NOT TRUST THEY GOT ANYTHING WITHOUT CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT.

You're waiting on your clearances to go through. Probably call once or twice (every other week) to see if there are any problems that have come up, etc... You should be pretty well cleared by 4-6 weeks after PEPC. If it's been longer than that, shoot them an e-mail or phone call.

yeah i have a feeling that people are not gonna listen to you, and call whenever they want. not to sound nasty or anything, but who are you to tell people not to call? do you work for the FAA? are you personally taking everyones call and getting annoyed at it? this is the career choice for everyone here, and they have every right to call up the specific AVIATION CAREERS department the faa set up for them any time they feel like it.

(PS...thanks for this completely useless thread)

Why one applicant would care if another calls aviations careers is beyond me. Its obvious to anyone that has called it that they don't answer it unless you call first thing in the morning. I'm sure it gets annoying answering the same dumb questions over and over. However, the burden to answer the questions is on aviation careers. If they were truly annoyed...they could get one person to specifically answer phones and dumb questions.

I agree with the original poster on this point......be patient. Check this board. You are probably in the same boat as other people.

Besides, If you are calling with a dumb question.....I can't get a hold of them with my dumb question.:rawk:

Why one applicant would care if another calls aviations careers is beyond me. Its obvious to anyone that has called it that they don't answer it unless you call first thing in the morning. I'm sure it gets annoying answering the same dumb questions over and over. However, the burden to answer the questions is on aviation careers. If they were truly annoyed...they could get one person to specifically answer phones and dumb questions.

I agree with the original poster on this point......be patient. Check this board. You are probably in the same boat as other people.

Besides, If you are calling with a dumb question.....I can't get a hold of them with my dumb question.:rawk:

:)

yeah i have a feeling that people are not gonna listen to you, and call whenever they want. not to sound nasty or anything, but who are you to tell people not to call? do you work for the FAA? are you personally taking everyones call and getting annoyed at it? this is the career choice for everyone here, and they have every right to call up the specific AVIATION CAREERS department the faa set up for them any time they feel like it.

(PS...thanks for this completely useless thread)

yeah, go ahead and make these people answer the same stupid questions that won't change ANYTHING and keep them away from their other job... which is getting all your friggin paperwork done. the more people call for petty crap, the longer everyone waits. just keep that in mind.

Back