Eastern Airlines

squawk7800

Eastern Airlines is posting Dispatch and other positions for Kansas City now. Did they move their OCC from the Philadelphia area out there?

Disregard, meant Wayne County, PA.....which I thought was near Philly but i guess not
Although I did just see the posting that says Kansas; I wonder if they moved their ops stuff, I think their OCC was in Wayne, I know their headquarters is there though

Eastern Airlines is posting Dispatch and other positions for Kansas City now. Did they move their OCC from the Philadelphia area out there?
What I hear is:

- They are intending to move sometime later this year, though the timeline is not absolute yet
- MCI is an operating base for them, so this move makes a lot of sense going forward
- They still have a lot of aircraft on order and are growing rapidly, so this could be a good time to get in the door if you want to live in KC

I read an article that recently they have been struggling to get an OK from the FAA for ETOPS.

From what I hear yea they are moving to MCI.
They first started in North Carolina move to Pennsylvania and now moving to MCI. ( No time line yet, the new CEO wants to move it there, they do their heavy checks etc. out in MCI)

Yes, they probably have 30 plus 777s comming to the line,Because they got it for real cheap (it’s a B777 P2F , which is interesting. They don’t have PDU’s where just the loadmaster could
Move the freight, those P2F requires more man power. Take a while to load freight , especially a quick turn time.

There ETOPS didn’t go well, think they had to wait a few months to do get certified. (Which they are now certified )

From what I hear 68k is the top out (not a long term move, while there’s other cargo airlines that offer way more, like 5y or k4)

From what I hear there’s a high turnover rate
(there’s a few former EAL/2D dispatchers on the forum that could help you answer some questions)

Former here. Can confirm they are planning to relocate to MCI. No bueno, overall pretty sloppy but 4-4, 8 hr shifts were nice. You'll get thrown to wolves, but int'l experience is beneficial. Chance that management has improved with new faces again. Current location nice, col fairly high but plenty doable. Miss my old place where I lived. Good luck to those who choose to go the route.

Last edited:
Back