Eastern Airlines LLC

rogerthatbravo

Just look at indeed.com, there’s an opening for aircraft dispatcher (starting pay 55,000)
767 international outfit (SOC near Philadelphia)

anyone have insight on this company, kinda curious

(top out , Cost of living, is it ETOPS ..ETC)

I actually just took the DX practical exam and my examiner is a current employee. He said they were looking to start a class early March. However, I'm wondering how the coronavirus epidemic is going to affect hiring/training and whether there will be a hiring freeze/delay until there is more certainty.

Looks like it is a resurrection of the old Dynamic International Airways. No idea how things are there right now (I would imagine their expansion will be rather stalled by COVID-19) but I did have two friends who worked at Dynamic for a while and they both hated it.

Philly's awesome if you have the time and the patience to learn how self-deprecating we all are. I'm born and raised southwest of the city itself but have since been LiVinG ThE DreAm and haven't been back home since......NH/FL/NH again/OH(godwhy)/MA.

Can tell you as a 30 y/o, it was a fun (sub)urban style of growing up.

Is this the Apple Vacations Eastern name that I keep hearing about, somewhere near King of Prussia or something? That's about 30,40ish minutes north of where I grew up. I learned how to drive on the way to KoP Mall.

That was adventurous.

Sounds like that class is still happening. Just got an email to fill out a paper job application I need to email back to them. It’s still 2020, right? We’re still doing paper job applications and not some recruiting system?

Anyone have any more info about current state of affairs other than Dynamic sucked to work for? Seems they’re in CASS.

Sounds like that class is still happening. Just got an email to fill out a paper job application I need to email back to them. It’s still 2020, right? We’re still doing paper job applications and not some recruiting system?

Anyone have any more info about current state of affairs other than Dynamic sucked to work for? Seems they’re in CASS.

Congrats!

Looks like they took delivery of a 777-200ER last month - N771KW - That's a pretty big move.

Congrats!

Looks like they took delivery of a 777-200ER last month - N771KW - That's a pretty big move.

I haven’t filled it out....yet.

Have some concerns based on what I’ve seen here, and from others. They don’t seem like the best shop to work for, and not sure I want to move farther East and lose a lot of my flight benefits just to make a tad more.

I haven’t filled it out....yet.

Have some concerns based on what I’ve seen here, and from others. They don’t seem like the best shop to work for, and not sure I want to move farther East and lose a lot of my flight benefits just to make a tad more.

Keep in mind that heavy jet international experience holds value as well, if things aren't looking so hot at your regional for the fall you only have an upside to making the jump. 1-2 years doing 121 international dispatch plus your regional experience will give you that leg up at a major VS all the regional guys.

Keep in mind that heavy jet international experience holds value as well, if things aren't looking so hot at your regional for the fall you only have an upside to making the jump. 1-2 years doing 121 international dispatch plus your regional experience will give you that leg up at a major VS all the regional guys.
Yeah, thats part of the reason I'm considering it, but the bit I've heard seems like its hell to work there, which makes me hesitant.

Just look at indeed.com, there’s an opening for aircraft dispatcher (starting pay 55,000)
767 international outfit (SOC near Philadelphia)

anyone have insight on this company, kinda curious

(top out , Cost of living, is it ETOPS ..ETC)

Isn't Eastern (The one from 2015) gone since 2017?

So does anyone have the skinny on what the interview experience is like with them? What's the gouge like? What can an interviewee expect overall? Expected to interview with 5 people which is by far the most I've ever had to interview with for any job. Second highest was Alaska with 4 people. Although, if Glassdoor is correct. It may only be 1 or 2 people at a time. Any insight is appreciated.

Back