Easiest/quickest CFI renewal

FlyingSig

OK, normally I'm into renewing my CFI and go to one of the AOPA deals because I enjoy the pilot talk and usually learn something. This year however I have zero motivation and am just going to do an online renewal so what's the easiest out there....don't care about the cheapest...what will take me the least amount of time to get'r'done?

30 days and counting till expiration....

I used American flyers. its lifetime renewal. its not the easiest way. you have to take a quiz every chapter. and the chapters are long. but you cant beat the price.

just did the american flyers. 125 for lifetime renewals.

the problem is that each section has a study time to it. you cannot take the quiz until you have accumulated enough study time. so i was just gonna leave my computer running and come back in an hour. unfortunately that didnt work and i found out i had to click something every 10 minutes too keep it happy. Thats a lot more attention than i wanted to give but oh well.

I use Gleim. No minimum study time but start TODAY. You have to allow processing time after you finish the course - all of the material (graduation certificate, CFI certificate, etc.) MUST be received at Gleim before your expiration date or you're out of luck.

I used American flyers. its lifetime renewal. its not the easiest way. you have to take a quiz every chapter. and the chapters are long. but you cant beat the price.

I've done this several times.

Having a couple browser windows open helps.

High speed, low drag....

I use Gleim. No minimum study time but start TODAY. You have to allow processing time after you finish the course - all of the material (graduation certificate, CFI certificate, etc.) MUST be received at Gleim before your expiration date or you're out of luck.

:yeahthat: I just renewed mine with Gleim. Very easy and fairly quick.

Gleim. I'm a 121 Capt and would love to hear more from those who walked into a FSDO and said "I'm a Capt, renew my CFI"....

It seems like the DEN FSDO will play. Anywhere else?

Well, I can post more later but I did the easy FSDO renewal this time around. ORD FSDO will do it as well as DEN. Only thing it cost me was a $30 cab ride to the FSDO. It is based on giving FOs evals since you consistently evaluate as per the regs say.

Have 8710 ready and maybe a trip sheet showing you as captain. PM me if anyone needs details or I can post more later. For now time for some shut eye. :)

Sounds good. For me, Gleim is probably easier than going to a FSDO, other than maybe LAX or GEG. Maybe I'll give the Spokane folks a ring next time I'm due.

Back