Dutch Wings In Houston (Safety Pilot TT)

NW004

So I've been on the phone with some of the staff, and Im non-reving over to houston this coming week.

The prices look so appealing, 19k to get Private, Instrument, Multi, And Multi and single COMM. All single engine training can be done in a IFR equipped 152, so it will keep the cost down. The the multi can be done on a dutchess I believe.

So my only question is, when it comes time for time building for the commercial license, they basically pair you up with another student, so half of the time is safety pilot time, this of course is to keep the cost to a minimum. Is safety pilot bad? I'm not aiming at the airlines, maybe one day, but I want to keep training as cost efficient as possible, and become a flight instructor.

This school is a small privately owned FBO, no fancy glass cockpits or anything, which I dont mind. But hopefully I can pay half out of my pocket and get a small loan for the rest, once again to keep cost down to a minumum.

So is there anything wrong with safety pilot time? I'm 20tt right now, I've soloed, so I might have my privates done before I head to houston.

I'm new to this, so please bear with me!

You can't be a safety pilot if you don't even have your PPL, so make sure you get that done before you start thinking about building time.

From what I see the safety pilot time building is pretty common. There are a few schools out there that advertise no safety pilot time as a selling point.

So I've been on the phone with some of the staff, and Im non-reving over to houston this coming week.

The prices look so appealing, 19k to get Private, Instrument, Multi, And Multi and single COMM. All single engine training can be done in a IFR equipped 152, so it will keep the cost down. The the multi can be done on a dutchess I believe.

So my only question is, when it comes time for time building for the commercial license, they basically pair you up with another student, so half of the time is safety pilot time, this of course is to keep the cost to a minimum. Is safety pilot bad? I'm not aiming at the airlines, maybe one day, but I want to keep training as cost efficient as possible, and become a flight instructor.

This school is a small privately owned FBO, no fancy glass cockpits or anything, which I dont mind. But hopefully I can pay half out of my pocket and get a small loan for the rest, once again to keep cost down to a minumum.

So is there anything wrong with safety pilot time? I'm 20tt right now, I've soloed, so I might have my privates done before I head to houston.

I'm new to this, so please bear with me!

When you talk to Wim, make sure he would have someone else to time build with you. It's a mom and pop fbo shop, not a 141 school where they have people waiting to fly all the time. Good folks, though.

Back