Duck the FAA

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
few months ago had a guy land IFR at CDW, then the next time I heard from him was 20 min later when he departed vfr and called up for ff :bang:
its been frustrating the controllers and they’ve been emphasizing the whole “when you exit the runway” thing, as the traffic isn’t reduced.....still the same number of IFR inbounds as there has been the past few months.

Space Monkey

oh man you’d love the new om’s. One of them is a former Kennedy sector washout who after that spent her whole career at a small tower before becoming our OM. She had us put EWR in a hold for an hour on a weather day so that 2 19 departures could get off TEB. The day @DPApilot flew in above actually lol

the other OM came down to be mad at me because TEB was showing delays and he demsnded to know why so I showed him the giant presidential tfr over MMU and AF1 on short final. He was like “oh”. This place is boned. Covid is the least of the problems.
C/mon fellas, it's ALL woke transfers these days... maybe you need a refresher course.

Space Monkey

CDC says close contact is “Close contact is defined by CDC as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic clients, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.”

They don’t have the additional exposure definitions that the WHO has which includes any contact with someone who tests positive.
Well, at least they've been consistent. They've been defining the daiurnal period of the 24 hour cycle as nighttime since the start... not just of Covid, but of the administration and ever'damnedthang it's touched.

You can't legislate morality.

And, apparently, there's no way to legislate sanity, either.

nabbyfan

ZFW is ATC zero, yay.
Trying to get an explanation why they're allowed to close during the day, and the 4+ times my center has been hit in the last month they just tell us "Well youve already been exposed, so we might as well stay open until 2AM to limit the impact on the NAS".

SBA TRACON and ZFW have both done this in the last week now. Lets just shut down at Noon on a week day, what could go wrong?

DE727UPS

I'm 4 to 5 months out. I'm getting out at 60 to capture the pension as early as possible. I know that's a luxury these days. Want to take advantage of it while it exists.