Driving record and airline applications

natid82

Always learning
Hello fellow aviators!
I am a CFII working towards my airline applications, I started creating my profile on AirlineApps.com.

I got to the driving record portion, here's the deal. I had licenses in Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania in the last 15 years. (moved a lot due to work).
I know I had some moving violations, no points were assessed aside of one in VA 10 years ago.

When I requested a transcript of my driving records from all three states, none of those show up. My last moving violation was at least 6 years ago. I can't remember much of any of them.

What can I do? I don't want to lie on an application but my records show nothing. Provided I will need a few more years to try for a major airline, is that going to be an issue?

Thanks for your wisdom,

Nati

Hello fellow aviators!
I am a CFII working towards my airline applications, I started creating my profile on AirlineApps.com.

I got to the driving record portion, here's the deal. I had licenses in Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania in the last 15 years. (moved a lot due to work).
I know I had some moving violations, no points were assessed aside of one in VA 10 years ago.

When I requested a transcript of my driving records from all three states, none of those show up. My last moving violation was at least 6 years ago. I can't remember much of any of them.

What can I do? I don't want to lie on an application but my records show nothing. Provided I will need a few more years to try for a major airline, is that going to be an issue?

Thanks for your wisdom,

Nati
You say "hi I've had these violations, i cant find record of them" i did it, got hired everwhere.

Two cars hit HARD and slammed into me years ago while i was stopped at a light. Apparently, due to insurance stuff, that was a thing on my record I was not aware of. Lady from my current company called, told her about it, while visiting i asked "hey did you ever find that ticket from 03 i had?" I've never been able to find anything on it. She said no, and its not unusual.

They're looking for DUIs and insane 25+ mph over speed limit. You can break the rules a little no one is gonna kill you for it.

Small violations like lesser speeding infractions and citations such as failure to yield resulting in a crash are honesty/ integrity questions. Did you have tickets? Yes, don’t lie about them. If you hit a bus full of nuns doing double the speed limit… you’ll have to explain that one.

The big question is DUIs or suspensions and that is centrally documented through the National Driver’s Registry. You know, the thing you accept consent to at the bottom of your medical application…. You can contact them and get a copy of that, which is what the FAA uses to find out when an airmen earns a DUI but doesn’t report it on their medical.

“Bus full of nuns” lol, that would be a double trouble being Jewish! Thanks for your insights and wisdom. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

You say "hi I've had these violations, i cant find record of them" i did it, got hired everwhere.

Two cars hit HARD and slammed into me years ago while i was stopped at a light. Apparently, due to insurance stuff, that was a thing on my record I was not aware of. Lady from my current company called, told her about it, while visiting i asked "hey did you ever find that ticket from 03 i had?" I've never been able to find anything on it. She said no, and its not unusual.

They're looking for DUIs and insane 25+ mph over speed limit. You can break the rules a little no one is gonna kill you for it.

Bingo.

Do your best to get the records and be 100% honest in the interview and on the app. The end. It’s not a big deal at all.

Lying is THE big deal and will guarantee you don’t hired if caught.

Bingo.

Do your best to get the records and be 100% honest in the interview and on the app. The end. It’s not a big deal at all.

Lying is THE big deal and will guarantee you don’t hired if caught.
Unless you don't get caught. :)

Reactions: TWP
If you can fog a mirror, and your record is clean for more than 6 weeks, you've got nothing to worry about right now....no kidding.

I imagine this is like the break in work history type questions. Just be ready to splain it. "Well, I moved back in with my parents and made tiktoks for 6 months after college"

Isn't that why they changed mandatory retirement to 65? Only have to live in a van to afford the triple alimony payments for a year before, statistically, you die?

I've had multiple old crusty C/As explain to me that our management is "concerned" at all of the early retirements not so much because we're chronically understaffed (although of course we are), but because when guys retire early they tend to live an inconveniently long time. They're definitely not kidding, and I suspect they're also not wrong.

I've had multiple old crusty C/As explain to me that our management is "concerned" at all of the early retirements not so much because we're chronically understaffed (although of course we are), but because when guys retire early they tend to live an inconveniently long time. They're definitely not kidding, and I suspect they're also not wrong.
Didn’t one or more of the major airlines literally prove that? Wanna say it was Delta.

Back