Down in Peachtree City for the AT-SAT tomorrow

No, but I did back in March.

Be kinda early, the guys that run it are very nice and will try to make you as relaxed as possible. Don't be afraid if you're the first one finished. I did well (99) and am hopefully headed to Jax Center, it all started with that morning though. Focus as best you can on the box portion as well as the ATC Sim.

Well you should be about halfway through by now.........Hope you were able to calm the nerves. The 2 guys giving the test in PTC are good at calming you down so best of luck to you...............

Yeah the staff administering the test we really nice and made us relaxed. I feel I did very well, math was a breeze as well as scan. The letter factory was dull and boring, and the scenarios were retarded considering the 7 second delay. I'll find out around wednesday on what i scored. We also had the head FAA AT-SAT official watching over us today he gave us some good insight and what to expect in the near months.

You will probably get your score sooner as it only took 2 days for me to get mine.
Please feel free and share your insights with us on what you learned from the FAA test official. we all appreciate any new info.

He told me he doesn't like the Green prep book, I was reading it in front of him before the test. He says since its an aptitude test we shouldn't use it, but whatever. 5/02 announcements will have a mini selection in september as well as the big one in October. Well qualified veterans get picked before well qualified and soon on. Some of the other stuff he said was basic and most of you guys would know about.

He told me he doesn't like the Green prep book, I was reading it in front of him before the test. He says since its an aptitude test we shouldn't use it, but whatever. 5/02 announcements will have a mini selection in september as well as the big one in October. Well qualified veterans get picked before well qualified and soon on. Some of the other stuff he said was basic and most of you guys would know about.

So we have two selections? Are they both just for the 5/2 applicants?

From what he said its the 5/2 applicants because their fiscal year ends September 30th and they have to follow their budget. Then in October they will have the big selection.

Was a big bald guy one of the test administrators? There was another guy, shorter and older, his name was Buck. Can't remember his last name though. He's the guy I talked to in length after the test. He retired from ATL Tower and was contracted by the FAA to design the new tower.

Was a big bald guy one of the test administrators? There was another guy, shorter and older, his name was Buck. Can't remember his last name though. He's the guy I talked to in length after the test. He retired from ATL Tower and was contracted by the FAA to design the new tower.

His name is Buck Woods. Been retired about 10 years.

Chris

yeah buck woods was there. There were a total of 4 people their, the Head FAA AT-SAT official and then three robinson aviation employee's.

Back