Doug's March 4th pics

Texguy

Doug\'s March 4th pics

Thanks for the pics, Doug. What kind of a/c was that on your ride home? Cool cockpit. What was that paperwork you were filling out?

Re: Doug\'s March 4th pics

[ QUOTE ]
What was that paperwork you were filling out?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the meal request form -

The aircraft was likely a 737-800, which is not an aircraft you want to be stuck upfront in - WAY to small of a cockpit!

Nah, that's an aircraft logbook.

We write down the departure city, arrival city, date, flight number and the power setting. The extra two numbers on the far right column was the last flight the night previous where we jot down the oil tank quantities.

The flight home was alright, I slept most of the way no thanks to a flight attendant who insisted that I wasn't a pilot and thought I was a jumpseating flight attendant. Grr.

[ QUOTE ]
The flight home was alright, I slept most of the way no thanks to a flight attendant who insisted that I wasn't a pilot and thought I was a jumpseating flight attendant. Grrr.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Better then being mistaken for being part of "the club."

tongue.gif

-Matthew

And yes, the 737-800 has a TINY cockpit!

It makes the MD-88 look like an L1011! Plus, there's barely any place for crew bags at all.

Dood, Doug. We stay in that same hotel.

I think I have an SDF overnight later this month. I want to try that cajun place behind the hotel.

Doug,
I was in SLC today too! March 5. Should've bought you lunch in the terminal (or given you my peanut butter & jelly mmmmm).

The 744 has a small cockput compared to other long hauls.

FYI Doug is pulling your leg about the aircraft log, that is automatic through the FMS and ACARS. It is so he can request the food and beverage of his choice - these pilots have it good, their companies take good care of them.

I think I'm there on thursdays this month. If you're there one of the THU's, gimme a ring and we can hang.

The cajun restaraunt is "OK". Not fantastic, but they have a selection of tasty varieties of Abita (Turbodog, baby!) and the combination plates are attractively priced.

But the food isn't all that hot.

I also ran into Alchemy downstairs the next morning waiting for pickup!

I had an overnight there on a Wednesday. Traded it away for another trip though.

I think we took off right in front of you in SDF doug. Jetlink....2068. Wooo, that was an early morning.

-Eric

Back