Don't hold your breath! 180+ Facilities on hiring freeze

capttiffany

I am fully cleared and waiting for an OKC date. I was told by my HR guy that there are over 180 facilities on a hiring freeze. This happened in January and he is waiting for the ATO (Air traffic organization) in Washington to revamp their hiring numbers for each facility. Once they assign new-hire quotas to each facility they will take off the freeze and our HR people can put us in a class. Cross your fingers you are not doomed for one of these facilities like me. He has NO IDEA or safe estimate when this will happen!!! Time to write your congressmen to do something overthere in D.C.

i hope they put out a list of the centers so we all know what are odds are and once they have revamped the hiring quotas on all facilitys i hope they show us that list as well.

I wonder which ones?

I assume the centers that no one got picked up for in Jan are on the list.

I believe the centers is a different story. I obviously can't speculate on all of them, but how much sense would it make to have 30 or so people waiting for a class date for one facility and pick another 10 or 20 to put behind them?

It looks like as far as enroute goes, they took enough people from PUB1 to tied them over for a while... if you recall there were a crap ton of enroute from PUB1.

I am fully cleared and waiting for an OKC date. I was told by my HR guy that there are over 180 facilities on a hiring freeze. This happened in January and he is waiting for the ATO (Air traffic organization) in Washington to revamp their hiring numbers for each facility. Once they assign new-hire quotas to each facility they will take off the freeze and our HR people can put us in a class. Cross your fingers you are not doomed for one of these facilities like me. He has NO IDEA or safe estimate when this will happen!!! Time to write your congressmen to do something overthere in D.C.

Do you know if KNEW Lakefront is one of those facilities?

Isnt this fun! hoping that the group just picked up were picked up in facilities that still had quota to meet!

Isnt this fun! hoping that the group just picked up were picked up in facilities that still had quota to meet!

Its not that the 180 facilities don't need people.....I hear that my facility is short on people... This has to do with the decline in air traffic... the ATO wants to make sure that the right facilities get adequate numbers of people...yet not too many.. Some people may be moved around to fit numbers.

Its not that the 180 facilities don't need people.....I hear that my facility is short on people... This has to do with the decline in air traffic... the ATO wants to make sure that the right facilities get adequate numbers of people...yet not too many.. Some people may be moved around to fit numbers.

Who told you all of this?

This sounds good but i am slated for LAX and their current quota is 5, they have requested the number to be 10.

Back