Does UND have any Coporate Aircraft that students can fly?

CK

I was reading an AOPA Training issue on colleges a long time ago and I remebered that some colleges had corporate airplanes that the students could ride along on in the right seat. I think it was Michigan that had a Queen Air that students flew along in the right seat of. Does UND have this?

I am not sure about if UND has corporate aircraft or not, but I know that Ohio University has a a King Air 90 and a King Air 200 that students can fly right seat in as an internship. Ohio University utilizes these aircraft for transporting sports teams such as the volleyball and basketball teams. They also charter out these aircraft so students have a good opportunities to gain twin engine, turbine experience.

Part of southern Illinoise university's (Carbondale) curriculum includes flying right seat for what I think is there charter division.

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
I was reading an AOPA Training issue on colleges a long time ago and I remebered that some colleges had corporate airplanes that the students could ride along on in the right seat. I think it was Michigan that had a Queen Air that students flew along in the right seat of. Does UND have this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Purdue University has this. In fact it's a requirement that all flight students, in their Junior or Senior year, fly right seat in one of our two King Airs.

Michigan does not have a flight program, or anything to do with aviation inless it's engineering.

You're thinking of Western Michigan.

And PurduePilot is right, his school is the one with it. Western Michigan has a 737-400 sim, and a cool looking 747 out front; but that's about it for big aircraft.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Back