Does a CRJ2/7/9 have a hepa filter?

As far as asking me to EIE something, I only recall that once. Pretty sure it was Donald. Most of my maintenance stories are about Donald... My favorite time was being threatened by him (with an LCA sitting next to me, listening on speakerphone) with "getting a call from my chief pilot". I said wanna go ahead and transfer me right now, let's conference them in. "no, no, we'll get maintenance out there but you'll be getting a call from your chief pilot". No call in fact ever came. I wasn't going to sit there and power reset the jet 7 more times to try to clear something that had already been written up several times in the past few days. I had told him "I don't troubleshoot, I'm not a mechanic. Send a mechanic."

I loved talking to the chiefs.

"Hey Andy I know it's 0500 local and you were sleeping but this plane is busted and it's a launch flight and someone in MXC decided I should talk to you instead of MXC."

MX was usually there 5 minutes later.

Hopefully CS got you irop rooms because you know damn well the parts they are sending to fix your bird are going to be “bad from stock”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hahaha like Compass ever had parts. I mean there was a time when I started. But then they were always in MSP, so if you needed parts, you were waiting on a rescue bird with parts from MSP. As time went on... that went away.. and if you needed parts it was "AOG 36 hrs .. waiting on parts from Republic in Florida..." I was long gone by that point at the hotel or deadheaded somewhere else.

Hahaha like Compass ever had parts. I mean there was a time when I started. But then they were always in MSP, so if you needed parts, you were waiting on a rescue bird with parts from MSP. As time went on... that went away.. and if you needed parts it was "AOG 36 hrs .. waiting on parts from Republic in Florida..." I was long gone by that point at the hotel or deadheaded somewhere else.

Or junior manned for another night in lovely YYC...in January.

The often mythogized wing bay and it's many breakers?
In the instant case, the issue was with a 14th stage leak, and they'd written up the wrong set of loops, or the word got lost between the airplane in Alpena and HDQOO. Kinda neat to see the deck pulled up, though.

Or junior manned for another night in lovely YYC...in January.

Don't get me started... New captain, day after Christmas. Christmas day flight cancelled, so a bunch of angry pax from that. 4am YYC van, plane with no APU, -35C or something like that. Plane completely cold soaked with no winter protection kit installed. Chattering and shivering like crazy trying to get the hydraulic warmup done and went through several ground carts and 3 hours trying to get the plane warmed up. Couldn't start an engine at the gate until pushing because Canada and ground crew safety. Get plane warmed up, hey why's OO sitting there still? Weren't they supposed to leave 3 hrs ago? ... oh, the deice fluid is only rated to -29C. That's cool. More gate announcements. Only a few more hours until it's warm enough we're legal. Getting close now. Load the people... Push back... Deice. Bleed failure. Call MX. No, we can't do that. Nope, can't do that either. Okay. Okay. Logbook scribble. Holdover time? Whew, still good. Flow for Seattle. Wait for flow time. Take off.... Plane is finally warm and toasty but still teeth are still chattering like crazy, the whole leg. FO too. Realize I'm mildly hypothermic. "CA pls call when landing. Rest of crew is released. We have an assignment for you..." Get to Seattle about 1:30pm, call scheduling. "Captain, you're going to do a RDM turn." Nope, I'm fatigued. Absolutely done, thanks. Find another sucker. Go to the hotel, brew hot tea, take hot showers, still shivering like crazy but finally fall asleep for a well deserved nap. #justregionalthings

Don't get me started... New captain, day after Christmas. Christmas day flight cancelled, so a bunch of angry pax from that. 4am YYC van, plane with no APU, -35C or something like that. Plane completely cold soaked with no winter protection kit installed. Chattering and shivering like crazy trying to get the hydraulic warmup done and went through several ground carts and 3 hours trying to get the plane warmed up. Couldn't start an engine at the gate until pushing because Canada and ground crew safety. Get plane warmed up, hey why's OO sitting there still? Weren't they supposed to leave 3 hrs ago? ... oh, the deice fluid is only rated to -29C. That's cool. More gate announcements. Only a few more hours until it's warm enough we're legal. Getting close now. Load the people... Push back... Deice. Bleed failure. Call MX. No, we can't do that. Nope, can't do that either. Okay. Okay. Logbook scribble. Holdover time? Whew, still good. Flow for Seattle. Wait for flow time. Take off.... Plane is finally warm and toasty but still teeth are still chattering like crazy, the whole leg. FO too. Realize I'm mildly hypothermic. "CA pls call when landing. Rest of crew is released. We have an assignment for you..." Get to Seattle about 1:30pm, call scheduling. "Captain, you're going to do a RDM turn." Nope, I'm fatigued. Absolutely done, thanks. Find another sucker. Go to the hotel, brew hot tea, take hot showers, still shivering like crazy but finally fall asleep for a well deserved nap. #justregionalthings

I remember we had a similar issue with the deicing fluid in PAFA...luckily Alaska had the “good stuff”. I’m sure we never actually paid them for it

Back