Do people really fall for this?

Doug has made in known on several occasions that he doesn't like other boards' drama here.
As much as I hate to say it, I have noticed a great deal more drama and Mod involvement on JC in the last year than I see elsewhere. I have started to reply several times to different threads lately, but instead, just shake my head and walk away.

Re: Example

One of the students, who had been in the Frasca just minutes earlier practicing holding pattern entries, said:

"Yeah, I'm considering getting out of this industry. I don't think I can waste several years instructing or whatever else I can get into after training. It's just not worth it."

He has yet to complete the instrument rating! :eek:

Yeah, that's probably not the right attitude to have for this industry. I always tried to set short term goals (pass my instrument, get 250 hrs, pass my commercial, etc.), and my long term goal was to be a CFI. After I became a CFI, my next goal was to be a CFII. Then it was to be a paid commercial pilot (as opposed to paid instructor).

I think this has really helped keep me from getting frustrated at times, and to kind of enjoy wherever I happen to be at in my career.

Seems incredibly cocky and naive for a pre-commercial pilot to feel deserving of some jet job though. Oh well, another soon to be bitter pilot I guess. As long as I don't have to listen to him whine about his low pay and crappy QOL.

Re: Example

back on topic.... the funny part I saw this morning was a familiar face in a glaring ad in this month's AOPA flight training.

I knew Ashley but didn't know she went to GA. I was in the bathroom and I thought to myself, "how appropriate." :D

Even fellow flyers fall through the cracks and go to GA. The best we can do is get some information out there.

Back