Do I need to get a new medical? AVIT 323

oktex88

Hey I was wondering if I need a new medical to do AVIT 323 since it is commerical. If you guys have not heard the FAA has extended the duration of medical certificates. Check out http://download.aopa.org/epilot/2008/080723medical.pdf

My question is since I will be doing commerical stuff do I need to get a new Second Class medical?

My medical I have now is a Second Class issued in June 2005. However under the new rules, since I'm under 40 my medical is now good until June 2010. However, do I need to get a new second class for AVIT 323 since it is commerical ops?

No, I did 323 with a third class medical. You are only training you are not exercising commercial privileges.

No, I did 323 with a third class medical. You are only training you are not exercising commercial privileges.

Sounds reasonable to me. I was actually supposed to call yesterday to schedule an appointment for my medical. Looks like procrastination pays off sometimes! :rawk:

Sounds reasonable to me. I was actually supposed to call yesterday to schedule an appointment for my medical. Looks like procrastination pays off sometimes! :rawk:

same here! my medical was due in august, now i get another 2 years! WOOT!

So, if you have a second class medical, a commercial pilot certificate and not using commercial privaleges, is it still good for 60 months? I want stump my stage pilot when he asks me.:buck:

that's what it sounds like to me! on AOPA, they said that a first class medical reverts to a third class after one year, so the second class medical would have to do the same. And just a side note, you won't need to get another medical until you leave here, because flight instructors only need third class medicals!

that's what it sounds like to me! on AOPA, they said that a first class medical reverts to a third class after one year, so the second class medical would have to do the same. And just a side note, you won't need to get another medical until you leave here, because flight instructors only need third class medicals!

If you're trying to stump stage check pilots, don't say it reverts. After one year, the first or second class (if you're under 40) are still first or second class, but they are only usable for the privileges of a private pilot. Check out 61.23(d) (obviously the time limits have changed).

Hey I was wondering if I need a new medical to do AVIT 323 since it is commerical. If you guys have not heard the FAA has extended the duration of medical certificates. Check out http://download.aopa.org/epilot/2008/080723medical.pdf

My question is since I will be doing commerical stuff do I need to get a new Second Class medical?

My medical I have now is a Second Class issued in June 2005. However under the new rules, since I'm under 40 my medical is now good until June 2010. However, do I need to get a new second class for AVIT 323 since it is commerical ops?

You are not exercising Commercial privilages (for hire). You are acting as PIC though whilie conducting flight training alls you need is a 3rd class medical certificate.

if You're Trying To Stump Stage Check Pilots, Don't Say It Reverts. After One Year, The First Or Second Class (if You're Under 40) Are Still First Or Second Class, But They Are Only Usable For The Privileges Of A Private Pilot. Check Out 61.23(d) (obviously The Time Limits Have Changed).

Yeah That

If you're trying to stump stage check pilots, don't say it reverts. After one year, the first or second class (if you're under 40) are still first or second class, but they are only usable for the privileges of a private pilot. Check out 61.23(d) (obviously the time limits have changed).
Bingo. Glad someone got it right...

Back