DL WARN notices

Flied Rice

WARN Act notices were sent to 119 DL dispatchers, immediately after they voted down another 3 month, 25% pay cut (in exchange for 3 months furlough protection).

Bastian on news networks touting that they can probably get through this without furlough vs. Bastian sending out WARN notices when he can’t get concessions.
1595512922789.jpeg

Bastian on news networks touting that they can probably get through this without furlough vs. Bastian sending out WARN notices when he can’t get concessions.
View attachment 54601
Since he said something like “minimal” furloughs and so far looks like only dispatch and maybe pilots ( if they don’t get an agreement ) will get furloughed. So not too bad if he can pull that off.

But thats is 25% after 97 took retirements. It might very well have been much higher if not for those retirements.
I believe 119 would be around 25% of the seniority list before the retirements. Then when you subtract 97 retirees from that 119 you end up with a much more realistic, in my head, furlough number. I really feel like these crazy high furlough numbers are a negotiation scare tactic. Time will tell.

Dispatch and pilots are the only two unions at DL. They can cut pay and benefits for the rest as much as they want to achieve their cost savings.
So far, he only did a mandatory 25% work reduction, everyone still gets full benefits. After putting out a great retirement/separation package that 17000 employees took, if he can get through this without any furloughs it would be a great bullet point on his resume. And along the way he can screw over the 2 unions and make them look bad, sounds like a win-win for him. And every CEO/CFO in today’s economy will look at that as a great job.

He's always been a villain. There's used car salesmen I trust more.

Agreed. I’ve never understood the almost “God like” worship of him. At the end of the day he’s still management and will get his golden parachute regardless of what happens to the boots on the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back