DJ AM files lawsuit in South Carolina plane crash

I just read that and was shocked they are suing the pilots estate... Will they really get anything or will it just be a major headache for the families that have already lost so much?

:yeahthat:

I too wonder if the families of the pilots will be affected. That scares the poop out of me that it could happen. A crash and then a lawsuit, not to mention the loss of life of passengers and crew.

I just read that and was shocked they are suing the pilots estate... Will they really get anything or will it just be a major headache for the families that have already lost so much?

That issue was brought up in the thread when Travis Barker decided to sue. What I got from it all is that the lawyers are just naming everybody involved as normal protocol. Ready2fly used to work in aviation law and could give more, and better, information than me since I'm just paraphrasing what he said.

Add everyone to the suit that you can in the beginning. From what I have heard and read it is easier to drop a party from the suit than it is to add them later.

It seems to me that people still believe pilots make 6 figures, you can't suck blood from a stone, but goldstein will try

<Beavis and Butthead> "We're going to sue YOU, we're going to sue THE SCHOOL SYSTEM, we're going to sue THE TEACHER, we're going to sue YOUR MOTHER..." </Beavis and Butthead>

This is SOP for ambulance-chasing swine. I should know, my family is crawling with lawyers.

Don't worry America, the tort system is totally rational, and we've brighter days ahead. Now go to the mall!

Pathetic and disgusting.

Back