Diverts and customs

We had a charter inbound for EWR about 30 miles out when the tower called and said they were no longer accepting GA/Charter because the ramp was full. This guy didn’t want to divert and said he was worried about getting a $10k fine because of Customs when we tried to suggest TEB. What’s up with that? (He wound up being the last GA into EWR, I guess they made it work)

"EWR, no problem for us, we are dropping off passengers and headed to our hangar."

Yup - KTMB had us come inside and wondered why we didn't assume such. At KEYW, they yelled at us for even opening the door to get some air.
Glad I cleared in TMB then flew to EYW. Bahamas VFR flying is fun but I remember being told don't go to MIA.

Ugh that absolutely sucks about CBP but I love the tips from y’all.

Im doing either MBPV-KFXE or MYNN-KFXE in two weeks. How are the people at the executive? Grumpy folks or good folks?

We had a charter inbound for EWR about 30 miles out when the tower called and said they were no longer accepting GA/Charter because the ramp was full. This guy didn’t want to divert and said he was worried about getting a $10k fine because of Customs when we tried to suggest TEB. What’s up with that? (He wound up being the last GA into EWR, I guess they made it work)

If I remember correctly, they want at least 30 minutes notice if you are going to divert or if there is an emergency. But it isn't like there is any particularly easy way to get them on the phone when you are in the air (or on the ground for that matter).

roll into th

Im doing either MBPV-KFXE or MYNN-KFXE in two weeks. How are the people at the executive? Grumpy folks or good folks?

Last time I flew in from Provo I cleared at Executive and it was perfectly normal and fine, except for the one CBP guy who grumbled at me--from his CBP desk, in his CBP building, on his CBP ramp--for not clearing at FLL because that's the charted AOE. Was more comical than anything else.

FXE is pretty good, just don't power up and blow their windows out when you leave. Someone has done it before, and they frown upon that sort of behavior.

FXE is pretty good, just don't power up and blow their windows out when you leave. Someone has done it before, and they frown upon that sort of behavior.
Will do... or not do... Idk.. I’m confused now. Can’t guarantee nothing

Back