DISPATCHER WORK SCHEDULES

silverad27

Just out of curiosity is there any dispatch office that have programs to assist with dispatcher work schedules or are they done manually?

At 5x we bid once a year but the sched is split in half so you can bid a different line (or relief) for the second half. We have a group of individuals who work really hard to organize the schedule based on option time off, vacation, missing desks..etc...works pretty well.

We also use ARIS/WorkNet for bidding and trades. My previous airline used Humanity (previously called Shiftplanning) for work schedules and trades, but bidding was still done on paper.

When I worked ramp at a regional outstation, we had the "refrigerator bid". A blank bid sheet was taped to the breakroom refrigerator and everyone wrote their name by the line they wanted in seniority order over the course of a week or so. Helped that we only had 16 employees..

RosterApps at my airline. 90% of it is automated but vacation bids and monthly PTO/relief schedules are all manual.

ASCENT/WorkZone (which I guess is the same thing as ARIS/WorkNet). I like the visibility of everything, especially for OT call outs.

Seems like ours are done with a spinning wheel and a dart. This applies to non line holders. :)

Hey at least they have a program!!
Hey now, the spinning wheel is now automated! Somewhat. No more waiting to learn your fate!

Unless you hold a reserve or relief line. Then you're just screwed.

Back