Dispatcher Hiring Spreadsheet

DaWolf85

So, recently I was job searching, and it came across my mind that probably one of the most annoying things about job searching - especially for those with less experience, applying to all the regionals, plus extra - was figuring out which airlines were actively hiring. Sure, that's part of the purpose of this board and forum - but you still have to sift through quite a lot to just find dispatch jobs. "What if," I thought to myself, "there were a spreadsheet just like the dispatcher pay spreadsheet, but for who's hiring?" And then it dawned on me, I could make that. So I did.

I aimed it at what I know - newer dispatchers who might be fresh out of school, unsure where to look, and unsure what sort of experience each airline offers. So I have columns for ETOPS, fleet size, and identifiers (so you can go track their flights and see where they fly); and I also clarify what type of flying you can expect. Some added remarks clarify as much information as I'm aware of about how that airline hires, and their current hiring trend, as well as potentially some extra information about types of flying you can expect. I've seeded it with information from Wikipedia, my own research and knowledge, and a lot of stuff from this forum.

It's possible in the future this data could be used for fancy stuff like monitoring hiring trends, but for now, I'm just going to work with what I have and pray that I can keep it relatively updated.

It's meant to complement, not replace, the excellent Dispatcher Pay Spreadsheet, so I didn't replicate any of @flynryan692 's work in my spreadsheet, aside from the general look of it. There is, like on his sheet, a form to submit information or suggestions, though I will also watch this thread. I'm sure there will be plenty to correct at first.

Here's the link!
VERY OBNOXIOUS LINK

If you are looking for suggestions:

I'd add the hiring process. Like AA and Envoy are In person test followed by face to face. Same day.
SW is like all virtual, test, hr phone interview, technical interview done in stages.

I'd add the hiring process. Like AA and Envoy are In person test followed by face to face. Same day.
SW is like all virtual, test, hr phone interview, technical interview done in stages.
When you refer to the Technical Interview being done in stages, is it multiple Interviews at different dates or is it all in one? (I’m waiting for an update to see if I’ll move to the Technical Interview).

While it doesn’t have to be as robust as the dispatcher pay spreadsheet. I would suggest putting Work location city on there as well. Great Effort!

When you refer to the Technical Interview being done in stages, is it multiple Interviews at different dates or is it all in one? (I’m waiting for an update to see if I’ll move to the Technical Interview).

Mine was two separate interviews right after the other. One was a technical assessment with 2 dispatchers. The other was more of a conversation with the hr recruiter and a member of management. One hour each. Mine was virtual.

Would be nice if it was sorted based on who has an active posting. For example if someone just got their ticket and was interested in any airline they’d have to alphabetically find the airline instead of just being able to easily see who has a current posting to apply to.

Sounds like DL will have another posting in <12 months, could be later this year. But doubt it will be multiple classes going forward.

Would be nice if it was sorted based on who has an active posting. For example if someone just got their ticket and was interested in any airline they’d have to alphabetically find the airline instead of just being able to easily see who has a current posting to apply to.

Sounds like DL will have another posting in <12 months, could be later this year. But doubt it will be multiple classes going forward.
Is Delta known for hiring fresh out of School?

Is Delta known for hiring fresh out of School?

None of the majors are really known for it, under normal circumstances. But given the recent hiring frenzy there have been a few fresh-out-of-school folks who got on with majors. IIRC all that I’ve heard of had at least some sort of prior aviation experience. Again, this isn’t the norm, and once the majors’ hiring stabilizes, the job market will return to normalcy.

Smells like Gen Z in here…

If people think that finding out who’s hiring or where a job’s located needs to be easier than this forum already makes it, this career may not be for you.

Also, the ‘Pay Spreadsheet’ literally has the job location in the first column…

Good suggestion. I think I might have to break up "remarks" and add new columns, but for now, I'll put that in with the rest of the remarks.
While it doesn’t have to be as robust as the dispatcher pay spreadsheet. I would suggest putting Work location city on there as well. Great Effort!
Rather than replicate that sheet, I think I'll stick a link to the pay spreadsheet up top.
Smells like Gen Z in here…

If people think that finding out who’s hiring or where a job’s located needs to be easier than this forum already makes it, this career may not be for you.

Also, the ‘Pay Spreadsheet’ literally has the job location in the first column…
I agree, it doesn't need to exist, which is probably why nobody's bothered yet. I simply had time and I figured it'd be nice to have. Lot of times jobs don't get posted here or JSFirm, so maybe I can do better by focusing only on dispatch jobs. Or maybe it'll end up being just as inaccurate and will be another place to check while doing the rounds. Time will tell.

I think a consistent order will be less confusing in the long run, since hiring status can change fairly rapidly. That's why I added the color-coding to the hiring column, to make it nice and easy to pick out who has open apps.

It’s a noble idea, but I think the forum is the best place to look for who’s hiring. Majors often only post for a couple days before it’s closed, this would be very hard to keep up to date. Also, in a thread you can discuss where they are in the process, talk about the company and the pros/cons and learn more about the actual job you’re considering.

It’s a noble idea, but I think the forum is the best place to look for who’s hiring. Majors often only post for a couple days before it’s closed, this would be very hard to keep up to date. Also, in a thread you can discuss where they are in the process, talk about the company and the pros/cons and learn more about the actual job you’re considering.

I mean, there's no reason you can't have both...as long as DaWolf85 is able to keep updating the spreadsheet periodically. I think it's cool someone is stepping up to help people trying to get that first dispatcher job or move up!

The best place to look for job postings is always the individual carrier's web site. I have heard of people "on the hunt" who refresh the careers section for every major they are interested in on a daily basis. This forum - and the new spreadsheet - are supplementary aids to the process, but they don't replace putting in the work of searching and applying.

As a side note, I remember my first couple of jobs in the industry were found by getting postcards in the mail from my dispatcher school and snail mailing my resume and cover letter to the hiring airline in question. Things have really changed in the last 25 years.

Last edited:
Just want to say that despite what the posting says Avelo definitely does not require any 121 experience.
It is obviously preferred but with the state of the industry and the hiring going on, most people with 3 years
are applying and getting serious looks at majors. Don't let that stop you from applying.

Just want to say that despite what the posting says Avelo definitely does not require any 121 experience.
It is obviously preferred but with the state of the industry and the hiring going on, most people with 3 years
are applying and getting serious looks at majors. Don't let that stop you from applying.
This is fact, avelo is hiring a bunch of people under 1 year experience. When other LCC and ULCC are hiring people straight out of dispatch school, they don't really have the luxury to be picky about who they hire

Any rumors if Delta is about to hire?
What I've heard from someone who works there is that the current expectation is no classes this year. There is a possibility of one class in late summer or early fall, but as of now that's not the expectation.

This is fact, avelo is hiring a bunch of people under 1 year experience. When other LCC and ULCC are hiring people straight out of dispatch school, they don't really have the luxury to be picky about who they hire
That's what I figured, but I was going off what the job posting said, since that's all I had access to. Have now corrected it, thanks.

Back