Dispatch workload distribution

Aeroscout840

Hey all! For those folks that work at the major airlines, I have a quick question. What software do you use to distribute flights to individual dispatch desks?

Is most of the software a custom, in house product? Or, do you outsource this function with third party software?

Thanks!

The software at AAG is hot garbage that isn't supported and slow. And it was still better than what UA, WN and DL had. At least when they visited. The even wanted to buy it from AA. Not sure what happened with that.

If only management understood the need to support software or at least get a decent replacement.

Currently, a manual daily distribution from an overnight dispatcher desk assigned the task. That might change though. We are in the pipeline for FPM from monitor/plot after a short tour of the Jepp dispatch engine at the Rocky Mountain Critter Carrier

I use to do the desk balance at said "Critter Carrier." Amazing how all the VFR flights ended up on my desk. Of course I can be bribed, if a certain dispatcher wanted certain flights. :biggrin:

Back