Dinner Saturday Night

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
Ok boys and girls, Kristie gave me the task of setting up somewhere for the group to have dinner on Saturday night. I wanted to find someplace off the beaten path that had great food and wasn't too expensive. Immediately Bertucci's Corner came to mind. Surprisingly, this Italian joint is a few blocks from Chinatown, so the group will have to walk through the area from the train to the restaurant. It is a safe area, even at night, although it may not appear that way just because the streets are dimly lit and not much traffic on them. No worries.

Here is a website review of the restaurant. I reserved the back room for 24 people, and this place is very accommodating should more show up. Average price for a large entree of pasta is $8-10. I figure this is great because we can fill our bellies and not break the bank, like the crappy tourist traps on Navy Pier would cause us to do. Plus, this restaurant is not stuffy, so we can be loud and laugh and it wouldn't bother anyone.

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/dining/29711,0,1146512.venue

To get to the restaurant, we'll need to take the Red Line to the Cermak-Chinatown stop. Getting off the train, we'll walk West to Wentworth Avenue. This is the entrance to Chinatown. Turn left, and walk down to 24th Street. Turn right. One block, and we are at the restaurant. It is about five blocks walking distance, or about 1/2 a mile.

Here is a map of the location. The Red Line drops off at Cermak and Wentworth.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=2400%20S%20Princeton%20Ave&city=Chicago&state=IL&zipcode=60616%2d2225&country=US&geodiff=1

When dinner is finished, we can reverse direction, get back on the Red Line, and head up to the Addison stop. This is right near Wrigley Field and Wrigleyville. The area is packed with great bars and lounges. Or, we can get dropped off at Clark/Division, and walk towards Old Town. Also a great area, with an older crowd. Think Addison = age in your 20'd, Old Town = age in your 30's.

Let me know what you all think. If this isn't acceptable, or if you'd like something else, tell me. I can always cancel the reservation and we can do something more towards Downtown or the other popular areas. I just figure this is a real "Chicago" restaurant, cheap, with good food. Definitely not a "chain" restaurant.

Sounds awesome! I'll definately be up for some Wrigleyville or Southport action afterward if there are any takers. :rawk:

Sounds Good. Is there parking available around there just in case if I need to drive out there instead of taking the train?

It did sound awesome . . . I heard a big laugh :laff:when Chicaga said SkyW sucks . . I had to be sure to point out that had I unchecked one little box on my bid, we would be with all y'all. User error . . . dagnammit:banghead:. See you in sin city. :rawk:bbBBBZZZZZZzzzz

Sorry I missed out on Saturday's dinner event. Instead I spent all day at O'hare trying to get out, so I could get to work today. I just want to thank American and United for overbooking DL flights by sending all their re-routes to DL! Fun times had by a strandbyers!:sarcasm::panic:

It was definitely a good time. Those that couldn't be there sure were missed. Good company, good drinks, good weather. Who could complain?

You're not there? It's NJC ORD! You're MQAAord. In IND, ORD isn't that far!

I'M 0-U-T!

It's a 3 1/2 hour drive, and I have no one to watch the kids. So, it's either do the drive and deal with the kids (by myself) and try and get something out of the event with two tots clinging, or stay home.

For everyone's sanity, I stayed home.

It's a 3 1/2 hour drive, and I have no one to watch the kids. So, it's either do the drive and deal with the kids (by myself) and try and get something out of the event with two tots clinging, or stay home.

For everyone's sanity, I stayed home.
You were still missed though!:hiya:

"She's only about 'this' tall, but you really don't want to cross her! :) "

Thanks y'all :)

It was really sad to not make it, since it was so close, yet so far away :( If we had still been living there, it would have been a no-brainer, I would have had NO excuse!

Still hopin' to make Vegas........... :)

Back