Des Moines, IA

surreal1221

Not sure where the other crews are staying. . .but. . .

The Skywalk system is great. Navigate your way towards the Court Avenue District.

There is an awesome bar/pub/eatery.

Court Avenue Restaurant and Brew Company.

http://www.courtavebrew.com/

Not sure where the other crews are staying. . .but. . .

The Skywalk system is great. Navigate your way towards the Court Avenue District.

There is an awesome bar/pub/eatery.

Court Avenue Restaurant and Brew Company.

http://www.courtavebrew.com/

Do they put you up at the Marriott downtown?

That is a great restaurant as well as a pretty cool scene down there (it was never like that when I was growing up in DSM).

Michael

No, they put us up elsewhere. I don't want to put it out in the public realm, but I'm sure you could narrow it down pretty easily.

Great, older hotel.

Music was good, food was good, and the staff was excellent . . . ;)

No, they put us up elsewhere. I don't want to put it out in the public realm, but I'm sure you could narrow it down pretty easily.

Great, older hotel.

Music was good, food was good, and the staff was excellent . . . ;)

Gotcha. Have stayed there a couple of times back in the day.

Michael

Downtown wouldn't be bad but if you're anywhere close to the airport, then say goodbye to walking anywhere.

Yeah, we stay downtown. Very nice environment to spend a few hours.

Although I was kinda caught off guard last month on a Saturday afternoon when I began walking around looking for the local Subway. Seems all "fast-food" locations are closed on Saturdays in downtown, eh?

The time when this occurred, I wasn't aware of the Court Avenue District though, so . . .now I know.

I think there's a Quiznos (or subway?) on Locust & 7th. Not sure if it's closed on the weekends.

Yup, both were closed.

Kinda sucked. . .but now that I know where the real excitement is, it'll be a much better experience.

There's a bar a couple of blocks down that does free pizza and beers until 11 on certain days. I forgot the name of the establishment but they put a sign out that advertises the free pizza and beer and it's not a joke.

Palmers Deli (in the skywalk) is one of the best sandwich/salad places I've had. It, like most places in the skywalk, is closed on Sunday and has very limited hours on Saturday, though. Court Ave is certainly the place to be for the weekend/evening entertainment, unless you can get a ride to one of the Grand Ave or Ingersoll Ave bars.

Back