Delta's New Interview Process

bafanguy

Didn't see a place where this subject was located so I'll take a swing at it and start a thread. I'm sure lots of people will be interested in accurate details. So, I found this about the new "online assessment". Accurate ? Any additional details ? Place to get some practice for it ?

From FB post.

Here is an update on what to expect:

8 sections

Spatial orientation (ndb/rmi in relation to aircraft-its timed for 3 mins)

Reaction speed (click when two shapes match each other)

Deductive logical thinking (sudoku style—which shape should be in which position on the grid)

Monitoring ability(how many dots are moving around in a circle)

Multi-tasking capability (3 tasks at once—-adding/subtracting, determining if shapes are duplicated in a row of other shapes, and a slider like the game asteroids where you avoid objects to prevent a crash)

Auditory comprehension (audio clips of clearance read backs or approach clearances and you have to choose the correct answer from 3 multiple choice options)

Complex control (use your mouse to guide your plane through a series of rotating circles)

Work-related behavior(standard personality test)

“ndb/rmi in relation to aircraft-its timed for 3 mins”

tenor.gif

Don't be ridiculous.

That portion of the interview is before the shrink. They have everyone sit in a massage chair and discreetly report the different levels of chop.

20191127_100438.jpg

I reported light chop before they even turned on the dang chair and was given the CJO right then and there.
This is the civilian equivalent of the military centrifuge. Also they need to put a cup of coffee on the chair somewhere and see if the pilot reports light chop when whitecaps appear.

Last edited:
Back