DELTA Terminates XJT CONTRACT....Sept 1, 2008

I am sure travel is down a little, but I have not seen any change at all. It just took me an hour to drive a ten mile round trip. I would love to know the actual change from last year and the year before. Does the DOT publish any travel figures? For all I know the media is using the figures from ski resorts as the proof that summer travel is down 75%!

Alex

There are numerous articles from various state and government agencies showing Memorial Day traffic is down. One figure shows 11 billion less miles (4%) driven this Memorial Day.

If there was any thin glimmer of hope we wouldn't furlough this year, this pretty much wipes that out.

We were ~300 overstaffed before losing these 23 planes worth of flying.

Are they?

;)

Yup :)

I could have made the trip. I chose not to. That's a change. :)

It's our choice to keep the Tahoe and how we drive it. We choose to keep it. I'm not going to tell anyone else what to drive or how to drive it. :)

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear this. Now I hate to say this but I think CHQ is next. No wishing/harm/hoping that this will happen. I think DL is trying to cut as much feed as possible.

It's our choice to keep the Tahoe and how we drive it. We choose to keep it. I'm not going to tell anyone else what to drive or how to drive it. :)

...besides, if you try to trade in your Tahoe right now you'll be offered a fraction of its value.

You know I'm just messing with you, right?

That's the thing. With a 33 MPG car you might actually drive it instead of leaving it in your driveway.

And you think the value is going to go up? Ever?

I know that wasn't directed at me, but quite honestly I don't care if it ever does. I drive the vehicle because it's the vehicle I want to drive. My family has a history of driving cars into the ground, we buy them for the long-haul. We never buy brand-new (we always by used) and we rarely trade-in.

I won't try to trade it in now, because of how little I'd get, but really I have no plans of trading it in at all!

There will always be a market for vehicles like that, though it can certainly be said that market is and will continue to get smaller.

Back