Delta MEC Chairman Steps Down

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
He's a personal friend, I think he was also the right man for the moment, but he never quite wrestled control of the MEC from some of the darker elements that have their own agenda:

———————————————————
Fellow pilots,

After careful and thorough consideration, I have decided to resign as chairman of the Delta MEC, effective September 15, 2015.

In previous communications with you, I have focused on process because it represents the essential foundation of ALPA. The election of your next chairman will follow the process outlined in the Delta MEC Policy Manual and ALPA Constitution and By-Laws. But equally as important, it will allow time for an orderly election to occur and for a deliberate, methodical transition. The normal business of the Delta pilots will continue during this process. Pilot leaders change and our system of governance provides for that, but the essential work that touches so many pilots and their families in the many areas such as scheduling, safety, training and the enforcement of your contract must and will continue.

Accordingly, I am calling for a two-day Special MEC meeting on September 1, 2015 for the purpose of electing a new MEC chairman for a term commencing September 15, 2015. This allows the MEC time to seek out qualified candidates, allow for the candidates to bid days off to attend the election meeting and, then, provide for a short transition for the new chairman to establish their administration.

It is time for the pilots of Delta Air Lines to unify. It is time for your leadership to get to work. It is time to bring forward a contract reflecting the strength of that unity.

You can be assured that the next Delta MEC chairman will have my full support. In that spirit, let us press forward, together.

Fraternally,
cid:EF648453-2BBC-46BD-8AA8-CC7DB57AF7FB

Captain Mike Donatelli
Delta MEC Chairman

It's a step in the right direction, but meaningless unless we can remove the shadow MEC and other lifers that seem to have the real control.

Back