Delta Cnx Freedom 900 Contract

airlinetoATC

We have notified Freedom Airlines of our decision to terminate the Delta Connection CRJ-900 operating agreement as a result of Freedom’s failure to meet contractually-required metrics for on-time performance and completion rate. This decision to end the 76-seat, 14-aircraft agreement is separate from our March 31 announcement to end the Freedom 50-seat, 34-aircraft operating agreement, which is in litigation.
This year, in several metrics, including departures and arrivals, completions and customer satisfaction we’ve seen marked improvement in the Delta Connection carriers’ performance, but where we haven’t, we’ve taken immediate action.
We’re discussing with Freedom to determine the timing of the operational pull down. We expect it to be orderly and to have minimal to no impact to our customers. Because we own the 14 CRJ-900 aircraft, which have been flying primarily in the Northeast, we will reallocate them to other Delta Connection carriers.

We have notified Freedom Airlines of our decision to terminate the Delta Connection CRJ-900 operating agreement as a result of Freedom’s failure to meet contractually-required metrics for on-time performance and completion rate. This decision to end the 76-seat, 14-aircraft agreement is separate from our March 31 announcement to end the Freedom 50-seat, 34-aircraft operating agreement, which is in litigation.
This year, in several metrics, including departures and arrivals, completions and customer satisfaction we’ve seen marked improvement in the Delta Connection carriers’ performance, but where we haven’t, we’ve taken immediate action.
We’re discussing with Freedom to determine the timing of the operational pull down. We expect it to be orderly and to have minimal to no impact to our customers. Because we own the 14 CRJ-900 aircraft, which have been flying primarily in the Northeast, we will reallocate them to other Delta Connection carriers.

Who do you guys think are going to get the jets: ASA, Skywest, or Comair.

My money is on ASA.

No offense but the Mesa guys piss me off the most at USairways as well. They freaken land after me. I land at lets say 1254z and they are 4 planes after me. Once they get to the ramp they call in, "on at 1250z" as if to trick the system. Why the DOT and Airways allow this BS drives me crazy! Argh... Ok done ranting!

Who do you guys think are going to get the jets: ASA, Skywest, or Comair.

My money is on ASA.

Lets see... DAL loves Skywest and RAH. My guess is SKYWEST. Although it sounds like Comair reductions arent going to be as large. So whatever that means.

Lets see... DAL loves Skywest and RAH. My guess is SKYWEST. Although it sounds like Comair reductions arent going to be as large. So whatever that means.

That isn't what I hear. I keep hearing that most if not all the 170 will be in US and UA colors.

That isn't what I hear. I keep hearing that most if not all the 170 will be in US and UA colors.

Well your sources must be incorrect. Airways already has the max allowed "large" regional jets they can have via the contract. And RAH is smart I'd not want all of my flying between Airways and UAL. I dont think BB is dumb enough to allow that to happen. Plus any DAL guy will tell you Shuttles On time performance with them is impressive. I've not heard any complaints. But I'm not around DAL flying much other then a few buddies who fly the 757/767 for them.

I know a few people who work with numbers at the GO.

Maybe they're just bitter because we do so well. In fact, Delta agreed to put to work a few of our F9 birds sitting in PIT, with another deal possibly in the works. I'd say your sources are...wrong.

Sucks more pilot brothers are going to be on the street....

Guess it will be even though..... Probably Mesa will lose some but my guess is that others will keep their numbers down now. However still not the best of situations I am sure. I know what you mean though.

Back