Delta Cnx Freedom 900 Contract

I dont know who is telling you guys 10 or 11 to comair but the memo from the president specifically stats 7 a/c. The other 7 are still on order. Rumors flying around comair is that maint. has been told the first 7 are starting to come in sept with LR registration numbers(freedoms) and 7 additional straight from the factory through next year. All rumor of course.

If comair does get the additional 7 to make a total of 14 then I would imagine all furlough talk would be over. (they are still mentioning furloughs as of now)
More of a plan than rumor. Of course I won't believe it till I see them sitting next door in the hangar to have Comair repainted on the nose.;)

I'm find it very hillarious that someone like JO who violates contracts more than a hundred times a day is so bent out of shape when someone else violates his contracts!:D Suck it up Jerry!

And for your info, we call in the time that the FMS registers when the wheels hit the ground.

There's a reason Air Shuttle has to call their OUT and IN times in Charlotte on the ramp frequency. It's because they were skewing them so much when they called the times into ops. It's still pretty common to hear them call for a push and say they were OUT 10 minutes earlier than the actual call.

That being said, good luck to all the Air Shuttle pilots that might be affected.

The -900 DCI contract is different than the ERJ contract due all the -900 belonging to Delta. All seven are being transfered to Comair starting Sept 1st and we will also receive the addition seven outstanding aircraft on order.

As far as the Freedom's ERJ's they will begin flying again Oct 1st out of CVG and JFK. Freedom is also opening a pilot base here in CVG to replace CHQ's 135's flying.

Okay, so Delta's NOT canceling Mesa's 50 seat flying now? I missed that. Seems to be a lot of the "We're canceling your flying...PSYCHE!" going around at the widget.

Okay, so Delta's NOT canceling Mesa's 50 seat flying now? I missed that. Seems to be a lot of the "We're canceling your flying...PSYCHE!" going around at the widget.
With the injunction, they can't till the case goes before the court, so if they're gonna pay the contract might as well use them I guess.:rolleyes: That's the who reason for the reduction of flight hours and the possible furlough here at Comair.

There's a reason Air Shuttle has to call their OUT and IN times in Charlotte on the ramp frequency. It's because they were skewing them so much when they called the times into ops. It's still pretty common to hear them call for a push and say they were OUT 10 minutes earlier than the actual call.

Eh. We call our out/in times to ramp (or ops, depending on who's working ramp.. some of them aren't capable of taking our times too). Our off/on times are called straight from the FMS. I'm not saying that some people don't fudge the on/in times; hell, ramp asked me today if I would call it out at 49 instead of 50 so it wouldn't be coded as a delay. But also keep in mind that sometimes we close up and are waiting on the rampers to be ready, or even waiting a minute or two to get a word in on ramp frequency. Once I heard one of our guys call for push with an out time 20 minutes prior... either he was extremely mistaken, or totally bogus.

And who cares if there's a united nose cone strapped to an airways bird? Mainline does it all the time with their new/old liveries.. if it's that, or grounding an aircraft... I'd rather take a funny looking plane.

Oh well; nothing Mesa ever does will ever be good enough for any of you.

But also keep in mind that sometimes we close up and are waiting on the rampers to be ready, or even waiting a minute or two to get a word in on ramp frequency. Once I heard one of our guys call for push with an out time 20 minutes prior... either he was extremely mistaken, or totally bogus.

Well we have the same issues. But its called a ramp dely. So if we are late due to ramp its just that the ramps fault. We dont lie about it and say we were out earlier because the truth is we werent. Anyways that's a whole issue in itself.

Secondly I dont think many here are the mindset of "Mesa sucks" rather the mindset of we'd like to see things get straighten out there more so. I could be wrong but I think a lot of us just would like to see things get ironed out and done correctly. None of us are saying we wish mesa to go under. ANd if anyone is they should be ashamed of themselves.

Just to clarify something here... I *think* Mesa calls out when the MCD closes. We (and most other places I think) call out when the nose wheel starts moving. So, it is entirely possible that they had the door closed and then waited 5 minutes for bags to be loaded and 5 minutes for a tug to get connected before calling for the push and were out 10 minutes ago when they call.

It ain't right (when comparing on time metrics) but it's how they do it. The company doesn't care because they generally don't have to pay the crews block or better so the extra 10 minutes doesn't matter.

RAH was a "main door closed" company for the ACARS. That spec was in the contract with the codeshares too....as codeshares could get specific configurations on the airframes.

I don't know who else.....

Also, I've heard other companies fudge times as well. I'm sure some people at Mesa do it but at the same time I'd say a lot of pilots here don't really care if we get dinged for a delay, especially since we're in negotiations. If anything I'd expect times to be fudged the other direction! :p

Dash 8 FMS/ACARS =

bic_shorty.jpg

Eh. We call our out/in times to ramp (or ops, depending on who's working ramp.. some of them aren't capable of taking our times too). Our off/on times are called straight from the FMS. I'm not saying that some people don't fudge the on/in times; hell, ramp asked me today if I would call it out at 49 instead of 50 so it wouldn't be coded as a delay. But also keep in mind that sometimes we close up and are waiting on the rampers to be ready, or even waiting a minute or two to get a word in on ramp frequency. Once I heard one of our guys call for push with an out time 20 minutes prior... either he was extremely mistaken, or totally bogus.

They used to be called into ops, but had to be changed to ramp due to the discrepancies. And who cares if there's a united nose cone strapped to an airways bird? Mainline does it all the time with their new/old liveries.. if it's that, or grounding an aircraft... I'd rather take a funny looking plane.

I think the few that fudge the times so badly is what irritates some people at other companies that have to go through a lot more work to fix their times. We're not saying everyone does it. Also, I agree about the nose cone. There are other airlines that fly primer gray or all white airplanes in all of their systems, at least you guys have 96% of it right. :)

Well we have the same issues. But its called a ramp dely. So if we are late due to ramp its just that the ramps fault. We dont lie about it and say we were out earlier because the truth is we werent. Anyways that's a whole issue in itself.

Just like Paul said, we can send an ACARS with the reason for delay, but we can't change the times without zeroing out the ACARS.

The FMS records the time when the main cabin door closes on the Dash and on the CRJ.

We're cabin door closed with the airplane moving. Believe it or not, the 700 has to be moving faster than the 200, so it's pretty common to get pushed back, sit waiting to taxi, and when you check your out times they might be off by 5 minutes or so. If it's a slow push in the 700 it often won't trip the out time.

Just reset the time in the FMS to fix your times.:panic::panic:

We have the new digital GPS clocks and the only way to do that is if you zero out the FMS. If there is a proximity switch MEL the ACARS won't call times, and if for some reason you keep calling times all day there's a good chance you'll get a call from the CP.

We're cabin door and the parking brake released. Not supposed to release the brake until the cargo door is closed, so if they're still loading bags....we're late. And a nifty little ACARS message gets sent that says "ramp delay."

I had two phone calls in the past week where I had to explain to someone that we were late b/c of doing an airstart. Took a while for them to understand you can't pull some jetbridges with the power still on, can't turn the power off without the engine running, and you can't close the MCD with the jetbridge still attatched.

We're cabin door and the parking brake released. Not supposed to release the brake until the cargo door is closed, so if they're still loading bags....we're late. And a nifty little ACARS message gets sent that says "ramp delay."

Oh, come on Steve, you've got to type more than that! This is a great opportunity to piss off the management goons. My messages used to say something like "ramp delay due to incompetent managers understaffing the ramp." This is especially fun when you're flying out of MSP and Copilot Beeks gets the message. :)

Oh, come on Steve, you've got to type more than that! This is a great opportunity to piss off the management goons. My messages used to say something like "ramp delay due to incompetent managers understaffing the ramp." This is especially fun when you're flying out of MSP and Copilot Beeks gets the message. :)

Copilot Beek is finally Captain Beek. He was in my upgrade class.

I THINK he had the same APD I had: Peoples.

Well, that explains that. Peoples will do anything that the management goons tell him to do. The Santi-Christ must have passed the order down to pass him this time. Most of the guys in the training department vowed never to let him get through.

Back