Delta begins 737-700 service today

Mad Doggy Dog

Delta begins 737-700 service today.

Look for more long thin routes, especially into Central and South America.

http://images2.jetphotos.net/img/1/9/7/6/27456_1217681679.jpg
27456_1217681679.jpg

I saw it at Cincy-tucky this morning while passing through to Houston (day 1 for me)! Didn't realize it was it's first day on the job. :)

The funniest thing is that neither one of those guys have had a landing in a -700 before. :)

"Folks from the flight deck, I'm sure this is your first time in this brand new airplane type at Southernjets Innashunal... it's also ours. Who wants to see how thing lands because we're interested to find out!"

The funniest thing is that neither one of those guys have had a landing in a -700 before. :)

"Folks from the flight deck, I'm sure this is your first time in this brand new airplane type at Southernjets Innashunal... it's also ours. Who wants to see how thing lands because we're interested to find out!"

Haha

Is there differences training for the -700, from the -800 they already fly?

Speaking of the 737NG program, apparently there's some fleet-wide major software update going on. I have no idea of the ramifications of that, but I'm sure coa787 and Max know!

I would be interested in hearing about the software upgrade as well. In our little cave in FLOEland, I do know the -700's lack a Route 2 page in the box, so we're (we provide lat/long and pertinent information about the intended ground track and CNS does the actual coding) updating databases to have the V1 engine out procedures pre-programmed for the guys. There has been some talk about instituting this on other fleet types who have the right FMC's in them. I believe the Smith's boxes have the technology to sense the engine failure, and give the PM an option of pressing "Engine Out, EXEC" and whaddaya know, a new magenta line for the aircraft to fly. No more programming engine out procedures. (It may be the Honeywell's, I can't remember off the top of my head right now)

There's been some concerns about it, but we'll see how it goes with the first couple of test airports.

Any chance if we're going to keep flying the 75's to some trans-Atlantic destinations to expedite the Pegasus upgrades? Flew a Pegasus 75 to EDI, then what seemed like a basic MD-88 FMS back to JFK and it was a pain in the butt, man!

Help the two-man crew brotha's out!

I hate to say it, but upgrades to the Pegasus might have fallen by the way side. I haven't heard about a big push for upgrades, but then again I'm not with the "cool guys" who normally discuss that kind of stuff. We normally hear about it after the fact, but I'll see what I can find out and keep you posted.

There is some pretty substantial rumor mill churning regarding some more trans-atlantic destinations for the 757ER's, some areas which would fuel the fire for more Pegasus equipped a/c methinks. Some that you'll probably think, there's no freaking way, and what was network thinking when they came up with this one. They're hitting it pretty hard over there. :bandit:

That being said, I'm not at liberty to say any more. Apparently the JFK-BOM move to ATL-BOM wasn't supposed to be announced until tomorrow, but someone at the leadership meeting at the Georgia International Conference Center asked Glen, network guru guy, about the move and that he heard it from a FA. Glen couldn't deny it so the cat got let out of the bag earlier than they wanted it to. Everyone with previliged information has been reminded about the sensitivity of it all and to keep quiet. We'll see if they go through with the announcements of these new markets, and believe me it'll be obvious in the future which ones I'm talking about.

Was at a ONT when all the controllers were nearly dying since there was a 757 on approach at 100kts! There was a headwind of 8kts only also!

Back