Delta and WheelsUp

KLB

We'll see how this shakes all out. Wheelsup biggest problem was that it's (from my observation) price point was too low and customer base was too large for it's aging fleet. Top that with a shortage of pilots and it became quite a mess. Flying on an airline will never compare to the convenience of a private jet. United's CEO showed that a few months ago.

And that is no shot at the United CEO. Things were going pear shaped and he likely needed to get back to his office to be more efficient at fixing the issues. That's what private jets are for.
Well, he got back to his office, anyway…

Any chance Delta sees this as another source of pilots?
One doesn’t drop $100M for a group of pilots that may or may not want to become a Commie,

More likely a money-making, training platform for future staffing.

Really a gangster move by Delta. Dumped DPJ during Covid and they merged with Wheels Up - and now they are taking them back. Wonder if they will rebrand as DPJ again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And that is no shot at the United CEO. Things were going pear shaped and he likely needed to get back to his office to be more efficient at fixing the issues. That's what private jets are for.

You know, I actually defended the United CEO. Using a Corpie for what a Corpie is shooosed to be used for. In that case, getting the hell out of NJ when EWR couldn’t do it.

But JC slammed my opinion for “optics.” And JC isn’t wrong. It was 100% optics. That is the public view on Corpie stuff. They are seen as the rich man, corporate fat cat vehicle. The CEO shoulda stayed at EWR and thrown bags. That’s their opinion.

Me? Let the CEO go back to Denver.

You know, I actually defended the United CEO. Using a Corpie for what a Corpie is shooosed to be used for. In that case, getting the hell out of NJ when EWR couldn’t do it.

But JC slammed my opinion for “optics.” And JC isn’t wrong. It was 100% optics. That is the public view on Corpie stuff. They are seen as the rich man, corporate fat cat vehicle. The CEO shoulda stayed at EWR and thrown bags. That’s their opinion.

Me? Let the CEO go back to Denver.
Thread: Oh Kirby.... :)

Really a gangster move by Delta. Dumped DPJ during Covid and they merged with Wheels Up - and now they are taking them back. Wonder if they will rebrand as DPJ again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Essentially the corporate jet version of Mesaba.

Back