Deferment

NY ATC

Hey everyone, quick question: Does the FAA give an academy deferrment? I recently took my PEPC this month and they said I might be starting the academy in October (like everyone else, just waiting right now on FOL)...Due to a medical hardship in the family (not me) I most likely will not be able to start the academy come October will they postpone me if i ask? or will this just screw my chances all together?

Hey everyone, quick question: Does the FAA give an academy deferrment? I recently took my PEPC this month and they said I might be starting the academy in October (like everyone else, just waiting right now on FOL)...Due to a medical hardship in the family (not me) I most likely will not be able to start the academy come October will they postpone me if i ask? or will this just screw my chances all together?

This thread from yesterday may answer your question: http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-tr...one-ever-try-to-delay-their-academy-date.html

It is possible to delay your start date... Considering you're already asking about delaying an October date, I assume you'll be asking for more than a month or so and I'm not sure how that would be handled.

Back