Daytona Pilots

KingAir

I am currently researching a runway incursion at DAB where taxiway "E" intersects runway 16-34. No ERAU students or teachers were involved in this event, but your help would be greatly appreciated. I am requesting digital pictures leading up to and at that intersection. All responses can be sent to jdwaviation@gmail.com. Thank You again for your help.

Taxiway E is parallel to 16/34 at DAB. Are you referring to one of the intersections? As there are four of them not including the ends.

When did this incursion take place? Twy P is a fairly new (say build around 2003 maybe-not too sure) but before that there were hotspots at DAB that caused DAB to show as one of the top few incusion locations. Pilots coming from the GA ramp would be issued "taxi to 7L" and not hold short at E-again; remember that twy P didn't exist and the incursions were the reason it was built.

Me thinks somebody missed the hold short of 16/34 when given a taxi instruction from or to the SE ramp which involved a taxi clearance with a crossing at E1 & W1.

Back