Dallas DX School: IFOD vs. ADTC

cavuforu

Recently moved to Dallas and looking at getting enrolled in a dispatch course pretty quick. I know there will always be pros and cons to both options but looking to get honest reviews of both from those who have attended. Thanks in advance!

So far IFOD is a plus to me because they have more flexible class options whereas ADTC only does the 5 week course. But that's not a deal breaker to me.

ADTC is the better option. Chris will get you straightened out and zero to hero with a great foundation. Everything you need to get ready for actual dispatch. If those are your only two options, ADTC is a no-brainer. IFOD is a hard pass.

ADTC is the better option. Chris will get you straightened out and zero to hero with a great foundation. Everything you need to get ready for actual dispatch. If those are your only two options, ADTC is a no-brainer. IFOD is a hard pass.
I second this. 10/10 school, 10/10 trainers and a 10/10 overall experience. Personally I had a blast going through ADTC and would recommend it to anyone who’s serious about this career.

Recently moved to Dallas and looking at getting enrolled in a dispatch course pretty quick. I know there will always be pros and cons to both options but looking to get honest reviews of both from those who have attended. Thanks in advance!

So far IFOD is a plus to me because they have more flexible class options whereas ADTC only does the 5 week course. But that's not a deal breaker to me.
It’s not only the initial training that is amazing. It’s also the after graduation support that puts ADTC choice number 1

Chris at ADTC was my instructor at IFOD, he did a great job. Pick either, you'll be fine either way. Learn the basics and get the certificate, the airlines will teach you to dispatch more than either school ever will.

All of this!

The answer is ADTC, but I would call each place and ask for a tour. 5k isn’t an insignificant amount of money, make them earn your business.

I knew basically nothing about dispatch going in, and in the short 15 minute conversation I had with Chris while he was giving me a tour, I could tell he was passionate about aviation and teaching. Any school can get you to that certificate, but where Chris and his staff really shine is all the help they provide after you graduate. We get regular emails of airlines that are hiring with links to apply, free refresher training, and interview prep when the majors are hiring.

I went to IFOD. Great learning experience and Kash and his staff is very passionate about making sure you learn the basics so you can pass the tests. They also do the interview prep, but I found its mainly with American and Southwest.

Like several others have said, take a tour, it costs nothing but your time. Both schools will get you your certificate and learn how to read aviation weather, PIREPS, NOTAMS, and the basic dispatch rules and you will learn the rest at your airline.

Good luck.

Chris at ADTC was my instructor at IFOD, he did a great job. Pick either, you'll be fine either way. Learn the basics and get the certificate, the airlines will teach you to dispatch more than either school ever will.
100% agreed, these schools are just certificate machines, maybe you can network a little differently at either. The main goal is your first airline/regional, that's where you really start learning and growing.

Echoing others - Dispatch schools basically teach you how to get your license, and a few basic dispatch principles.
Everything else will come from your first job.
Both of those options are fine and will get you the same license. Pick whatever one is most convenient for you.

Back