Dallas Airline Career Pilot Program

Tram

Hey guys-

Seems like a wealth of info here.. Glad I found it! Anyway, I am seriously thinking about the ACPP class in Dallas.. I spent some time in DAL this summer and really liked the area, nice, clean, etc..

I was just wondering for those of you who took it there.. Is the airport the one that is sorta "south" of Six Flags? I don't remember the name.. I think it was Arlington Regional or something like that?

I am really looking forward to the ATP course.. I plan on getting all the writtens out of the way ASAP.. I am going to try and get a class date around March, giving me 2 months to knock out the rest of the writtens..

Jeff

The Dallas location is at Arlington Municipal (KGKY)

Do a search for posts or replys by Captain Bob in the ATP forum - he went to the Dallas location and has posted a lot of great info about the location.
cool.gif

Hey there Tram,

Dallas is a great location! I have, as RPM stated, posted many times on the program and the Dallas location. Please feel free to ask anything specific that I could help you out with.

The airport is GKY (Arlington Municipal) and it is south of Six Flags as you stated. It's a great little Jet Center and one of the busiest uncontrolled airports as well. We get all sorts of traffic through here.

Good luck on your decision!

Bob

Bob-

As far as decisions goes... It's going to break down like this-

Go talk to the Navy.. If they shoot me down..
Go talk to the Air Force.. If they shoot me down..

Hello Dallas!
wink.gif

I am really phsyched about ATP @ Dallas.. However, I have always wanted to be a military pilot.. Give a little something back to the country.. Thank those who gave before me.. etc.. So we'll see.. I personally think everyone in the US aught to serve some time.. It aught to be mandatory.. but I don't make those decisions.
smile.gif
Anyway..

I look forward to meeting you in Dallas, should I get rejected from the Military..
smile.gif

I am aiming for a March class date maybe april.. I need to get the writtens out of the way SOON... Need to order the materials..

Does ATP send you a test bank for the tests or will I need to pick all that up? I'm sure there's a thread out there with all this info.. I just need to find what I need to get from ATP and what I need to find else where..

Thanks for the replies!

Jeff

Once you place a deposit on the ACPP, ATP will pay for your written exams. You can go to an ATP office and take them free, or take them elsewhere and keep the receipts for reimbursement at the end of the ACPP.

If the navy/af should turn me down, I plan on going to ATP and then trying to get into the local guard unit.. They fly F-16's.
smile.gif

Sweet on the writtens.. I took my PPL Written/Check at the ATP Birmingham facility, not with ATP, just out of the hangar Jonathan uses..

Have any of you guys used the sporty's pilot study "buddy" for the instrument written? I have not ordered any materials for it yet, but have been using this and the mock tests to help me study..

I thought the Sporty's videos were OK for the IRA exam. The King videos probably had more information, but were so boring I didn't watch them. Check your local library-I lucked out, my library had both.

The biggest help to me was the Gleim test prep software. ATP sends you the Gleim books when you place a deposit, but the software really helps for practice tests.

Back