CYKF, Mesaba overnights

Snuggle

I'm in the kitchener/waterloo area quite often and found a pub which sells some of the best wings I've ever had. I'd recommend the Cajun flavor wings, it's a fun place to drink a couple of beers too. A lot of univ students go there on the weekends (but it's not a crazy, wild, freshman party atmosphere). A short cab ride from the hotel Mesaba stays at. Don't know if anyone else flies into kitchener/waterloo, but I figured I'd share.

http://www.mortys.com/

I'm in Kitchener quite often for overnights... but why would I pay for a cab when there's so much right by the Walper? :) One of my favorite overnights, btw.

If you got a long layover it's worth it to go out there, Waterloo has a lot more to offer then downtown Kitchener. I actually just came from Kitchener, and jynxjoe was supposed to meet me there but ended up not working the trip.

Is mortys that much better than the still? enough so to justify the cab (or figuring out there public bus system?).

The wings at the still are on the anorexic side but the prices are decent. I have a feeling once spring comes the place will be much more lively as well...they do have that volleyball setup out front.

I also enjoyed the all-you-can-eat sushi lunch at Ye's (I think it's like 13.95). Hang a left out of the Walper, then another left at the corner. It's about two blocks down. (A little bit before The Still, according to Google Earth). Of course, the $10 off at Rumrunner's is a good deal, too.

I like that overnight so much, and I've only been there in the cold. :)

Is mortys that much better than the still? enough so to justify the cab (or figuring out there public bus system?).

The wings at the still are on the anorexic side but the prices are decent. I have a feeling once spring comes the place will be much more lively as well...they do have that volleyball setup out front.

I've never eaten at the Still but I have noticed that volleyball setup. Mortys is located in the university area of Waterloo. There's 2 big universities within walking distance so the area has a lot more to offer. The public bus system would be the better way to go financially.

Back