Currently in OKC looking for roommate - Fairways at Moore

ZTLbound

I am currently in the en route class going to ZTL. My roommate was in Terminal and has recently left to go to his facility. I am looking for a quiet, non-smoking roommate. My last day will be September 11th. I am at the Fairways @ Moore. It is by far the best FAA facility. It is $30/day. It includes weekly maid service and free golf. The apartment is very nice. It's a 2bed/2bath and it's fairly new with leather couches, high speed internet and its on the FAA bus route, in addition, there is a pool and workout facility. I am in need of a roommate ASAP, so please let me know.

Thanks, James

Re: Currently in OKC looking for roommate - Fairways at Moor

James,
I can't help you out of your current situation, well I could but that would be a waste of money:sarcasm:, but could you give me a website link/or see how booked up they usually are. My daughters going to be out there in the next few months (hope) and am looking for a good, clean place.

CJ

James,
I can't help you out of your current situation, well I could but that would be a waste of money:sarcasm:, but could you give me a website link/or see how booked up they usually are. My daughters going to be out there in the next few months (hope) and am looking for a good, clean place.

CJ

I have this address: http://www.academy.faa.gov/ama100/apartments.asp

This should get you started in your search.

ATLTRACON,

I started out at the Mansions South. I did not like it there so I left after 2 weeks. I would definitely recommend Fairways at Moore. However, a number of people in my class rented an apartment for 4 months. They just signed a short term lease but they had to rent furniture(one person in my class didn't and resorted to an air mattress) and setup all the utilities. However, that is the cheapest route. But that only works if you bring your car to OKC. I did not so I am limited to facilities on the FAA bus route. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

James

ATLTRACON,

I started out at the Mansions South. I did not like it there so I left after 2 weeks. I would definitely recommend Fairways at Moore. However, a number of people in my class rented an apartment for 4 months. They just signed a short term lease but they had to rent furniture(one person in my class didn't and resorted to an air mattress) and setup all the utilities. However, that is the cheapest route. But that only works if you bring your car to OKC. I did not so I am limited to facilities on the FAA bus route. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

James
That's the route I'm looking to do since my wife is coming down with me. Where did they find the short term lease, and where did they rent furniture from?

ATLTRACON,

James

So these place are not furnished? Are any there?

I stayed on Meridian at Waters Edge in 1986, furnished, nice. Went by about a year ago, what a dump.

ATLTRACON,

I was in OKC for RTF a few months ago and stayed at Walnut Gardens. It's FAA approved, furnished rooms, choice of studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom with laundry in the one and two bedroom places. It was close to the Red Dog, wait nevermid...Uhhh, free laundry in the common area for studio apt people. I was in a studio and it was $29/day. They have courtesy cars available if you need to go to wal-mart (1/2 mile down the road). It's close to the academy and has a shuttle to the academy daily based on the class start times. The property is also gated. Maid service is available upon request to change the linens, take out the trash and bring fresh towels. To me it was the best bang for the buck and I ended up making a couple hundred dollars in three weeks from my per diem. The ladies in the front office were also very nice and accomodating. They are listed on the faa housing website and are filling up quickly as most of the nicer places are with the mass exodus of hiring. So if your daughter knows her date, now is the time to start calling.

HD

nathan w,
They rented furniture from CORTS. I think it was about $300 a month for furniture to fit in a 2bed/2bath. Some are staying at an apartment just outside OKC. I think they are charging them an extra $50 for a short lease. The other is staying at the Links @ Mustang. At the Links you can get a fully furnished or a non-furnished. One group got a non-furnished there and then rented there own furniture and had to activate the utilities, etc. It is more of a hassle but cheaper in the long run.

ATLTRACON,
The ones on the FAA housing list http://www.academy.faa.gov/ama100/apartments.asp are furnished. However, if you do not have a car here in OKC you are limited to the facilities that are on the FAA bus route(the Links @ Mustang above, is not on the FAA bus route). The problem is that they are all very old and when you think about how much you are paying monthly its not worth the price. The Fairways is the best I've seen and just about the cheapest(with a roommate), however, you are the first to get picked up and last to get dropped off on the bus. But, your about a 1/4 mile from Super Wal-Mart and ALDI so thats nice.

James

I just got a roommate. Thanks for the inquires.

Back