Curacao: Anybody been? Do's,Dont's, Must Sees?

Firebird2XC

I'm popping down through Florida on down to Curacao to do some diving in September.

Anybody been down that way? Any tips, tricks,discounts or insider points to consider while I'm on the island?

I'm already set up at an all-inclusive with a dive package at one of the local operators, so that should be good. I've Ebay-ed my way into a GoPro wide angle waterproof camera, too, so I oughta have neat shots after.

I've been on the ramp down there for a quick turn....hot and humid. Wish we could have gone out in town.

Hop over to Bonaire for some world class diving.

I considered that- that's why I'm going to Curacao. The extra $100 or so to get there, plus additional hotel costs bumped Bonaire off the list. Maybe next year. Besides- Curacao's got some pretty decent shore diving, too.

I considered that- that's why I'm going to Curacao. The extra $100 or so to get there, plus additional hotel costs bumped Bonaire off the list. Maybe next year. Besides- Curacao's got some pretty decent shore diving, too.
Stay away from Campo Allegre... its just off the departure end of westerly runway if memory serves right... and if curiosity gets the best of you go for the authentic Colombian lunch (no really its true) they have available... but nothing else.:D;)

Stay away from Campo Allegre... its just off the departure end of westerly runway if memory serves right... and if curiosity gets the best of you go for the authentic Colombian lunch (no really its true) they have available... but nothing else.:D;)

Well... uh.. now know where... uh.. I won't be going...

Back