Crude OIl

Well see. All it takes is a butterfly fart in the middle east and BANG!!

The same market analyst who drove the prices up a month ago, calling for "$150.00 pbb by the 4th of July", is saying $80ish ppb by next week.

Well see. All it takes is a butterfly fart in the middle east and BANG!!

The same market analyst who drove the prices up a month ago, calling for "$150.00 pbb by the 4th of July", is saying $80ish ppb by next week.

Not calling your bluff. . .BUT. . .

Link to said analyst calling for 150, and also a link for said analyst calling for 80.

Thanks.

Not calling your bluff. . .BUT. . .

Link to said analyst calling for 150, and also a link for said analyst calling for 80.

Thanks.

There is an analyst who said that, by the 4th of July, oil would hit $150.00 a barrel........The 4th has come and gone and oil hit near that $150.00 mark as he said it will.........Fast forward to today...........The same analyst is now saying that by NEXT WEEK.......Oil will be somewhere in the $80.00 a barrel range.....................

There is an analyst who said that, by the 4th of July, oil would hit $150.00 a barrel........The 4th has come and gone and oil hit near that $150.00 mark as he said it will.........Fast forward to today...........The same analyst is now saying that by NEXT WEEK.......Oil will be somewhere in the $80.00 a barrel range.....................

I'm sure there is a person who has said both of these things. . .what I was asking for though was a link, or a name to go with it.

:)

Anyone figure there will be a ton of airlines trying to hedge it at $85-$100 bbl? You would think it would make sense rather than watch it scream to $160/bbl. I know it COULD go lower but why risk it.

I'm sure there is a person who has said both of these things. . .what I was asking for though was a link, or a name to go with it.

Not the same guy, but here is another outlook from an options trader.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12400801/

Americans used 2.4 percent less fuel over the past four weeks than they did last year, the latest figures by the Energy Department's Energy Information Administration show. While that may not sound like much, industry experts say it represents a significant shift by the world's largest energy consumer. A bigger-than-expected increase in gasoline supplies only added to concerns that drivers are cutting back.

"We've grounded airplanes. People are driving less," said James Cordier, president of Tampa, Florida-based trading firms Liberty Trading Group and OptionSellers.com. "For the foreseeable future — at least for the next 6 to 12 months — we have demand destruction."

Cordier predicted prices could yet drop further, with oil possibly falling as low as $110 a barrel by September.

:)

Got ya. Sorry man, was a little cranky yesterday (pink slip coming my way in September). Total uncalled for on my part.

The guy was on CNBC a few days ago and talking about futures. Guess we will see. You know how it goes. Until then, cheers!:)

Not saying that it can't, but oil came down to a fibanocci number and is chilling. If it breaks through the fib line it still wouldnt hit 80.00. 80.00 is not the next retracement line.

The big question is with oil in a free fall, are gas prices really gonna come down? With Americans almost used to spending $4/gallon on gas (and me being a believer in sticky prices/wages), I wouldn't be surprised to see gasoline companies try to keep the price up as long as they can. I'd love to see a track of oil on the way up/gas prices compared to oil on the way down. I'm betting the price is gonna be different at $120/barrel on the way down than it was on the way up. Gas prices are gonna fall a lot slower than they shot up.

The big question is with oil in a free fall, are gas prices really gonna come down?

Doubtful. This is my unqualified, uneducated rant but now the corner store has a little bit of pricing power and the market will support $100/bbl oil and the consumers purchasing higher cost, nay PRICE gasoline.

If gas gets to around $2.50 gallon again, expect to see all of drive for alternative energy, wind power and hybrid cars evaporate.

Warning: I really don't know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to the "Crude: OIl" topic.

Was thinking about this a bit more, and I got to wondering. What if, say the local Chevron has gas for $3.79 b/c they can, but they're making a killing. Well, mom and pop Phillips 76 down the road might even be using the same people to get the gasoline from. What's to stop them from selling gas at $3.50 a gallon and swiping all the Chevron's customers? Chevron will be forced to drop it down to $3.49 (because people WILL go out of the way to save a penny a gallon) in order to sell their overpriced potato chips.

Back