$$#%@&*# Crew Schedulers

jdflight

Not only do those girls call me at 6am, 3 hours before a show time for a freakin' repo flight, but now they put me on a one leg flight at 2100 Friday night! Damn them, and damn all the San Francisco commuters who drop their last leg to Fresno.

I won't be in Vegas till Saturday morning now. Bastards.

Think of it this way, you'll be the life of the party on Saturaday night, no hangover!

Don't start. Now I'm even more pissed. After a 6am wake up for a 9:45 flight, I board the plane to deadhead to LA and they call me and take me off, saying there's been a crew change. Then they sent me home. Thank GOD I have a line next month!

HA, that's what you get in FAT! I haven't flown all month.

Oops, I shoudn't say that. The crew scheduling gods are going to frown on me.

yea... be careful with those crew scheduling gods.. they'll send lightening down lickity split just in an attempt to piss off everyone around you too... hahaha

I remember those days, DO NOT miss them! :)

Screw scheduling

I got a call in the hotel room this morning at 0520 to inform me of a switch in day room hotels in DSM. Show time was 0623 and I had my alarm set for 550am. I didn't complain but there are so many other ways of letting me know about a hotel change four hours away than waking me up at 0520.

We had a bad summer of stuff like that when crew sked would call early morning.

Then some captains started notifying them that they've broken rest and the 8 hour clock just restarted...

I think the crew scheduling gods have it in for my apartment now. My roommate is getting absolutely abused as a Brasilia Captain reserve. He was supposed to fly these three deadheads and one repo leg with me. Then they switched, flew him to Salt Lake to do one turn, sit three hours ready and deadhead home tonight. It's only the 18th and he'll probably break guarantee this week. This is nothing compared to what he's been going through the last month. Not to mention that when they called me this morning at 6am I told them I would wake him up later and have him call them, but they still woke him up two minutes later.

There might be a chance I can jumpseat the 2150 Allegiant flight to Vegas and still get in Friday night. But that means I won't make it to 9FI until about midnight.

I considering the last two years, it might just be getting good around midnight at 9FI!

You'll arrive in enough time to help us tell Tony that some waitress is just playing hard to get.

Yes but will I be there in time for you to tell some strange girl, "This is my friend Jonathan. He's single, clean and disease free. You should dance with him."?!

And she was playing hard to get. She didn't even show up the next night for him!

jdflight said:
And she was playing hard to get. She didn't even show up the next night for him!

No, she was doing worse, dude. She showed up and then left!

Crash and burn doesn't begin to describe it. Oh, well. So be it.

hey.. it's all about the new tactics this year and the new chiquitta's out there right?

why keep bringing up last years no go's when this years is right around the corner?! :)

Tony will have better luck this year...I hear he's been practicing! :)

Kristie said:
hey.. it's all about the new tactics this year and the new chiquitta's out there right?

why keep bringing up last years no go's when this years is right around the corner?! :)

Tony will have better luck this year...I hear he's been practicing! :)

Oh, no worries, I'm so over it. You know what would be funny is if when we go to NFI (no go on the reservations so we will just have to show up and I'll see if I can get something going on the fly again) and she's our waitress again. That would be amusing, especially if she remembers me.

And what's this about practicing? What practice?

Back